GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC game buying."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 15:27
Regular
I don't like long waiting times to just buy games.
Either you have to wait for a game to stock up again or you are waiting for it to come to your doorstep.
It would be great if PC games were bought far more easier.
Presumably from the internet. Internet buying is cheaper and even though there's a small number of computer hackers and a few perverts, we still have a very safe network running across the world.

But from the large waiting time just to get your game, i think with modems hopefully getting past the 56k mark i would like to see us buying games and dowloading them, directly from their sites, for a very good price, so game packaging and rumbling with the EU shipping rights, with the faster modems and no waiting time maybe this could become part of the future?
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:27
Regular
I don't like long waiting times to just buy games.
Either you have to wait for a game to stock up again or you are waiting for it to come to your doorstep.
It would be great if PC games were bought far more easier.
Presumably from the internet. Internet buying is cheaper and even though there's a small number of computer hackers and a few perverts, we still have a very safe network running across the world.

But from the large waiting time just to get your game, i think with modems hopefully getting past the 56k mark i would like to see us buying games and dowloading them, directly from their sites, for a very good price, so game packaging and rumbling with the EU shipping rights, with the faster modems and no waiting time maybe this could become part of the future?
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:29
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
If you are trying to win ................................................................................................................................... Go for it!!!
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Is this you starting to try and win again, anyway I agree I hate waiting for a game you like and it does not come out for ages and when it does its always out of stock.

But I think people are aa bit unsure of buying things like computer games off the net and downloading them, not me but otjers!
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:32
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
ever since this internet thing came into my families life we have been living in luxury, we don't have to go into town on a rainy day to check out bank details we can go online, it's also cheaper than driving the car!
Everything is much cheaper on the net and if you are lucky enough to stumble accross a site like this your in luck, you can find out more information about related subjects! I love it, and am trying to learn as much as i can about it before something new comes out. I hate it when I get left behind and don't know enough about the new things to move on.
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:34
Regular
I promise the internet is becoming better and better, it is getting safer and more of these sites like Special Reserve will get more popular!
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:34
Regular
There is a site, I forget the name, where you pay with a credit card, and then download the game from a free server.

Of course, modems do have to be upgraded.

What has happened to modems? It seemed to stop at 52K, where's the 104K?

My font's back to normal now.
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:35
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Special reserve also give ou the choice of having 1-2 day delivery or 3+ day delivery, this is excellent! I don't do any other kind of shopping now as every shop you would normally find in your town has a website with discounts and new offers avaliable to you.
all you need is a credit/debit card and you can do all your christmas shopping from your armchair while watching films.
or "get a bank loan while having breakfast up Mnt Fugi, it's a liberating experiance".
Sat 25/11/00 at 16:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I think it's a great idea Elitesniper, imagine how easy it would be when you have an X-Box and then just want to download a new game from Microsoft onto the built in hard-disk, which you can then download to a CD-RW and copy to a disc for permanent storage. This could be the future.
The PS2 is rumoured to be having a hard drive add-on to enable you to do this direct from Sony in the future, again you can copy from the PS2 hard drive to a CD-RW for permanent storage, but whether the idea will actually take off will depend on consumer demand and the availablity of CD-RW on a wide basis in consumers' homes.
What this would mean for Game Stores (like SR) in the future is that they will have to diversify and become more competitive.
What it means for gamers is that for the first time patches will be downloadable for console games, whereas before you had to return a CD to the developer to get a new version. It also means no more waiting for the newest releases, you can just surf for the title you want and then download at will. EA now provide this option to PC users, not just for patches but for downloading new games by credit card too.
Sat 25/11/00 at 17:02
Regular
They will still be here don't worry!
They could be the suppliers of the games, and you can pay on the spot, on the net, within half and hour, you've got the game!
Mon 27/11/00 at 20:43
Regular
Read this and reply.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.