GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony :Are They Going Super Sayian/ Puting Things on lock for PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/09/02 at 14:27
Regular
Sony is puting everything on lock for PS2. They are going super Sayian by going higher than other video companies
Tue 17/09/02 at 15:52
Regular
The PS2's boundaries won't get half as pushed as the PS's.

When the Playstation first came out, devellopers had never really made 3D games before. That's why it took a long time to make the most out of Playstation.

That's why the Playstation's boundaries had so much room to push.

Before Mario 64 came out (along with the N64), very few of the games were true 3D...
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:57
"For the horde!!!!"
Techno freak wrote:
> WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
>
> As with PS1, the boundaries are being pushed back all the time. The
> thing is, PS2 has further to be pushed - so things will keep getting
> bigger and better.
>
> Well said, someone that talks sense.

it sure is
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:54
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> As with PS1, the boundaries are being pushed back all the time. The
> thing is, PS2 has further to be pushed - so things will keep getting
> bigger and better.

Well said, someone that talks sense.
Tue 17/09/02 at 11:23
"High polygon count"
Gridloch wrote:
> well GTA : Vice city is going to be a far bigger game than GTA 3.

Exactly. When GTA3 was released, most of the reviews said that it was pushing the machine to the limits. Clearly that was not the case, as Vice City is bigger, looks far better, and includes more of everything. No doubt at the moment people will say that this really does push the machine to the limits... until next year, when the next version is bigger still.

As with PS1, the boundaries are being pushed back all the time. The thing is, PS2 has further to be pushed - so things will keep getting bigger and better.
Tue 17/09/02 at 09:31
"For the horde!!!!"
well GTA : Vice city is going to be a far bigger game than GTA 3. Also i doubt developers have already maxed out the full pertential of the PS2 so there is going to be bigger, longer and grater graphics coming to games soon. I don't think the Xbox and the Gamecube are that much better than the PS2 (they are all 128 bit remember) so i'm sure most games will be simular on all formats.
Mon 16/09/02 at 22:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Wha?
Mon 16/09/02 at 22:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Lies Lies and more lies
Mon 16/09/02 at 21:50
Regular
No, I think the PS2 does have hidden power. My bro said that they did some tests or somethin and they said that in games like GT3/GTconcept have only touched the surface of the PS2's power! I hope this is true :)
Mon 16/09/02 at 21:50
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> He likens the PS2 to Goku, a cartoon character who when outclassed,
> normally finds new strength by becoming a Super Sayian.
> That the PS2 is suddenly going to release power that people never
> thought it had because Sony had locked it up...

Sounds like you've done a Phd in Cartoonism or something....
Mon 16/09/02 at 21:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
PerfectChaos$ wrote:
> Sony is puting everything on lock for PS2. They are going super Sayian
> by going higher than other video companies

Now, did this happen before or after the pink cows attacked your car with fish hooks?

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.