GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Console Next?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/09/02 at 09:13
Regular
I am looking for your opinion on this.

As a current DC owner I will have to purchase a new console sooner or later so that I can continue my gaming life.

What do you recommend; PS2, X-Box or GameCube.

BB
Mon 16/09/02 at 09:13
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
I am looking for your opinion on this.

As a current DC owner I will have to purchase a new console sooner or later so that I can continue my gaming life.

What do you recommend; PS2, X-Box or GameCube.

BB
Mon 16/09/02 at 10:01
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Seems that an awful lot of SEGA games are coming out on the Game Cube, so you might wanna go in that direction, but I think Shenmue may go to the X-Box only. So it depends what games you like, and what it was you liked about your Dreamcast. I've got a PS2 as well as a dreamcast and I'm hankering after a GC now. The X-Box doesn't appeal to me. I think it seems too serious some how.
Mon 16/09/02 at 18:21
Regular
In my opinion, the best and most interesting SEGA games are on XBOX.

For instance:

Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
House of the Dead 3
Crazy Taxi: High Roller
Shenmue II
Toejam & Earl 3

All the above are XBOX Exclusive.

-Thus, I bought an XBOX.
Mon 16/09/02 at 18:48
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree with Nomad Soul there.
If you want all those Dreamcast classics and a few re-vamped oldies from SEGA, then you should look no further than the Microsoft X-Box.

But who's to say MS will always get the 'better' of SEGA's Future Releases....??

But if it's the STYLE of games that you're after then you should consider going towards SEGA's former long-term rivals Nintendo and their GameCube.
SEGA and Nintendo have always made games with a very similar appeal and style of innovative, fun-filling gameplay in them.

The choice is yours.
Mon 16/09/02 at 19:18
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Im getting a cube this week... the main reasons for my getting a GC are because the RE games are exclusive to the GC (im a massive RE fan) and also cos as Rosalind said Sega is supporting the cube pretty strongly with many releases/sequels to come. I heard rumours of Shenmue 3 for the GC but those are unconfirmed... either way the GC seems much more attractive to me than either the PS2 or the Xbox.

Anybody else having trouble posting on this forum at the moment?
Tue 17/09/02 at 14:33
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
I suppose it's the problem that we all face. I am sure that whatever console I go for there will be SEGA games that I will not be able to play.

I think I might just wait and see how the market goes. I don't think thta 3 consoles can live together, one must drop out.

BB.
Tue 17/09/02 at 16:56
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> In my opinion, the best and most interesting SEGA games are on XBOX.
>
> For instance:
>
> Jet Set Radio Future
> Panzer Dragoon Orta
> House of the Dead 3
> Crazy Taxi: High Roller
> Shenmue II
> Toejam & Earl 3> -Thus, I bought an XBOX.

......I agree......

Although you missed out:

SEGA GT 2002

ALL 7 ARE XBOX EXCLUSIVE AS NOMAD SAID! Its gotta be XBox (although I really wanna play Super Monkey Ball!)
Thu 19/09/02 at 22:17
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Well i got my cube today... picked up Resident Evil, Luigis mansion and Virtual striker 3 with a memory card.

I had Virtual striker on the DC and it sucked to be honest... but on the cube it is totally awesome!!

I will never desert my DC and im sure it will get as much use as my new cube gets... but its great to play "new" Sega games again...

Cant wait for Soul caliber 2, Shenmue 3 etc... :D
Fri 20/09/02 at 14:28
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Super Monkey Ball's a brillian - yet highly frustrating - game.
And when you here some of the music in that game... you just know it's from SEGA.
Fri 20/09/02 at 14:53
Regular
"Remember me?"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> In my opinion, the best and most interesting SEGA games are on XBOX.
>
> For instance:
>
> Jet Set Radio Future
> Panzer Dragoon Orta
> House of the Dead 3
> Crazy Taxi: High Roller
> Shenmue II
> Toejam & Earl 3
>
> All the above are XBOX Exclusive.
>
>
> -Thus, I bought an XBOX.

But the thing you've neglected to think about is that no matter how much he likes SEGA, he's not going to buy a new console PURELY to play SEGA games, is he? You've got to think about what other games are on offer on each console... which is why I'd have to recommend a Gamecube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.