GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Console Next?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/09/02 at 09:13
Regular
I am looking for your opinion on this.

As a current DC owner I will have to purchase a new console sooner or later so that I can continue my gaming life.

What do you recommend; PS2, X-Box or GameCube.

BB
Fri 20/12/02 at 00:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gamecube is good as it has the two of the best sega games: monkey ball and it's sequel as well as crazy taxi.
Tue 03/12/02 at 15:50
Regular
"we escape....."
cool dude 524
Sun 01/12/02 at 15:39
Nomad Soul wrote:
> In my opinion, the best and most interesting SEGA games are on XBOX.
>
> For instance:
>
> Jet Set Radio Future
> Panzer Dragoon Orta
> House of the Dead 3
> Crazy Taxi: High Roller
> Shenmue II
> Toejam & Earl 3
>
> All the above are XBOX Exclusive.

Apart from Shenmue 2, obviously.
Sat 30/11/02 at 23:41
Regular
well, xbox is very good
gamecube is something im getting so i recoment them
as for ps2, well, there sh!,t but if you look in a few 2nd had bins you will find one quickly if u realy want onmr
Sun 20/10/02 at 13:44
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Gamecube or PS2 is your best bet. Gamecube is cheaper, though.
Thu 17/10/02 at 02:25
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
no
Thu 10/10/02 at 17:43
Regular
"Wobble"
I did hear that 50% of Sega's games are exclusive to PS2, with the other 50% being shared between Xbox and GC.

Not that it bothers me personally. I've got all three machines, and SMB on the Cube was the first Sega game I've bought since... erm... Outrun on the Commodore 64.

Sega games don't really 'do it' for me - most of them are too simple and arcadey. Not surprising, given their arcade heritage, but still.
Sat 05/10/02 at 13:12
Regular
If you loved the Dreamcast, i'd go for the Xbox mate.

Same as what Nomad said, Theres loads of Sega classics coming to Xbox, Get a few Xbox mags and take a look at the game line up for the console, thats why I brought an Xbox - great games and Xbox Live.

I brought Jet Set Radio Future the other week and its awesome! I love it to bits, addicitive is a good term to use.

Sega games i am looking forward to on the xbox are -

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Phantasy Star Online 2
Sega GT 2002
House of the Dead 3
Jet Set Radio Future
Crazy Taxi: High Roller
Shenmue II
Shenmue III (not sure but hopefully)
Toejam & Earl 3

And there is LOADS more games other then Sega coming out, Aswell as a little something called Xbox Live :P
Mon 23/09/02 at 18:05
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
As the owner of PS2and Gmecube i think youare better off to get a gamecube, it has a great line up of games coming out and already out:

ResidentEvil, Super Smash Brothers,
Super Monkey Ball 2,
Mario Sunshine,
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals,
Animal Crossing.

You get the picture. On the other hand the PS2 is a great console for games, but is a bit pricey compared to Gamecube. DO NOT get an X Box, it may be the mmost powerful, but the games are amuter.( Excluding Halo and about 3 others).
Mon 23/09/02 at 12:21
Regular
"Remember me?"
yakumo wrote:
> If you like the games aimed at the younger market get a gamecube(not
> meant as ninti bash, and theres nothing wrong with games aimed at kids
> as if done rightly the rule)

Granted, there are a lot of kids games on the Gamecube (and indeed every Nintendo console so far), but I think it's unfair for people to simply dismiss it as a "console for kids". Nintendo themselves have a number of games in development aimed at a more "mature" audience; most notably Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness. I know that it's Nintendo's own fault that they're seen as a kiddy company nowadays (mainly down to the extreme lack of third party support regarding the N64), but they're certainly rectifying the situation now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.