GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ShoX"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/09/02 at 00:04
Regular
This game sounds interesting - purely and simply because the SR banner says "SSX in Cars" and thats enough to get anyone's attention, because SSX (and Tricky) is a great game, one of my faves. However, with regards to Shox, thats all I know about the game. If anyone has any further Information please feel free to share it on here.

Thanks

:-)
Wed 18/09/02 at 16:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think I'll wait for the first reveiws of the game before I decide whether or not I should buy or rent it.

If it gets good reveiws than I'll consider parting £40 for it, as I like rally games and SSX, so a combo of the two will be great if the devlopers do it well. If the game gets low or average marks though, I'll probably rent it instead and see for myself whether its worth a full purchase.

I'd like it to be a good game though, as it's looking very good from the screenshots I've seen.
Wed 18/09/02 at 16:10
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
will you be buying it or renting it out first

...or neither

:-)
Wed 18/09/02 at 15:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I remember Rumble Racing, it was one of the earliest PS2 games. I never played it, but it looked like an arcade type racing game where you could perform simple stunts.

And October seems a pretty more realistic release date for Shox, though with the amount of games being delayed over tha last few months, there's every chance it could be pushed back even futhur.
Wed 18/09/02 at 01:06
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
you dont need to quote the whole topic !

but anyway not heard of Rumble Racing.
Tue 17/09/02 at 20:34
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> This game sounds interesting - purely and simply because the SR banner
> says "SSX in Cars" and thats enough to get anyone's
> attention, because SSX (and Tricky) is a great game, one of my faves.
> However, with regards to Shox, thats all I know about the game. If
> anyone has any further Information please feel free to share it on
> here.
>
> Thanks
>
> :-)

I thought "Rumble Racing" was supposed to be "SSX on cars", that was what was said about that. It was quite a good game too, but I hope Shox offers more replay value!
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:43
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I went to game yesterday and they said its due for a release around October 20th or so?
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:30
Regular
"A man with a stick"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Yeh I was expecting an answer of November or so. Strange, but then
> again it probably wont be released on time looking at past release
> promises.

Yep, I have my doubts about a september release, as ther game was only officially announced a few weeks ago. I also have the same doubts as shadow, the last bunch of EA big games which have run with the same tag-line, haven't been that good, shox could end up the same. I guess we'll just have to wait.
Mon 16/09/02 at 17:49
Regular
Normally I would jump at a game like this. SSX in Cars, but after sled Storm, I think I will wait and hire it to see if it is any good.
Mon 16/09/02 at 14:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh I was expecting an answer of November or so. Strange, but then again it probably wont be released on time looking at past release promises.
Mon 16/09/02 at 13:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Aparantly 27th of this month according to SR. I thought the release was weeksaway yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.