GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"red faction 3"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/09/02 at 19:07
Regular
Despite achieving considerable success at retail, the original Red Faction didn’t meet with unamimous critical approbation. Expectations raised by early, though well presented, demos of the revolutionary new game engine were eventually dashed by only fair level design and rudimentary AI, but I am hoping that a forthcoming sequal will lay to rest such disappointing memories.

Red Faction 3 is set five years after the martian rebellion of the first game, with the action moving to a typical dystopian earth. And while this means that the freeform terrain destruction of the early parts of Red Faction is reined in, it should also leave the developer free to focus on tighter game design.
Once again, players are able to commandeer a variety of vehicles, and wreak havoc with an arsenal of 20 weapons. Boss battles are also set to return, while THQ promises that improved AI and a more gradual difficulty curve will be introduced in response to criticism of the original Red Faction. Unlike the original, the action in the sequel is squad-based, with players assisted by five AI-controlled squad members, each of whom possesses unique abilities. During the E3 demo, one squad member was capable of hacking into electronics security systems, for example. And although friendly fire wasn’t implemented in the demo, the developer hasn’t come to a decision whether it will make it into the finished game.
A fourplayer splitscreen multiplayed mode rounds things off, and though the game is exclusive to Playstation 2, it is also compatable with a USB keyboard and mouse. Unfortunately this may not necessarily be a good thing; the original Red Faction and red faction 2 seemed to have been constructed around the Mouse/Keyboard system, and the level design clearly suffered when shoehorned into the constraints imposed by the Playstation 2 controller.

Apart from a few slight hiccups Red Faction 3 promises to be really successful game, presumably it will sell really well and many people will be looking forward to the next instalment in the series.
Fri 20/09/02 at 23:11
"For the horde!!!!"
what are you talking about?
Fri 20/09/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Pretty entertaining all round really, obvious cheating and the fatal error of accidentally praisng your own post when you forget to do the old account switcheroo.
Fri 20/09/02 at 13:37
Regular
"Remember me?"
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one, Einstein. If you're gonna try and "fool us" with more than one account, you could at least have the decency to pull it off like a professional.

Chortle!!
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
LOL. Silly mong.

The egg on your face is ample punishment for your deception. For now.
Thu 19/09/02 at 16:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I bet he cringed when he failed to change accounts!

HAHA!

Oh dear.

:(

We don't need this.
Thu 19/09/02 at 16:25
Regular
Also the fact most PS2 mags were saying the first one was the best on the PS2 and then PC ones saying the graphics were average and the gameplay worse.
Wed 18/09/02 at 19:08
"For the horde!!!!"
it's Red Faction 2 thats been released not Red Faction 3.
i'm not been picky but some people might get confussed a bit :)
is Red Faction 2 a PS2 exslusive? i heard a rumor that it's going to be released on the Xbox
Mon 16/09/02 at 21:51
Regular
He should be taken round the back and shot
Sun 15/09/02 at 20:37
Regular
And he posted it in the Nintendo forum, when it's PS2 exclusive...
Sun 15/09/02 at 19:20
Regular
He also copied it from the reviews section of this site

http://special.reserve.co.uk/welcome/ game.php/game/red_faction_2_ps2

and for some reason changed the 2 to 3

That's the most perfetic attempt at copying i've ever seen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.