GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you every been Obsessed?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/09/02 at 14:55
Regular
On here, apart from the occasional few we like games and come here to chat about them and see the newest games and info. So as we all like games we all have our favourite, obviousley.

We all have a fav. console, be it the P2s with loads of great games, The Gc with super fast loading and great multiplayers. Even the X-box with the imense power. Within these consoles we all have our fav. gebnre which normally helps us decide on which games console to buy, for instance i love RPG's and multiplayers so i opted for the Ps2 with FFX and others and GC with Mario Party coming and an updated Skies of Arcadia, even a new FF game.

As we all have a fav. game do you ever get a bit addcited to one of them? A bit obsessed? I mean if you ask anybody who knows me i am pretty mad about FF and when i was going through 7 i talked about little else as the story captivated me, the graphics were good and the ATB system was also great. The game was detailed, there were the chocobos( actually had a big part, unlike newer ones!) plenty of mateira to get and master. Getting every limit break, little things like that make the difference between a game, and a great game.

Along with greatness comes crapness basically, take the good with the bad. So as we have all been trhilled with a game and loved it, not putting it down, reading the instruction booklet many times, habe any of you been obsessed with a game? What one?
but back to the greatness and crapness. We have our games like mario 64, Goldeneye and FF7, but then we have our bad games such as Evergrace, the graphics are ok, but the story is poor and i see little enjoyment in it for anyone.
Fair enough every one makes mistakes but can these mistakes continue, surely by now most developers have mad a bad game to know not to do it again.
So my second question being have any of you been very disappointed with a game you have been waiting for? Then the opposite, have you found a gem in the sewer? Have you been expecting little from a game and then played it on a demo, or over a friends to find out it is an extremley good game?

Just wondered.
Sir Auron!
Sun 15/09/02 at 14:55
Regular
"$hit happens"
On here, apart from the occasional few we like games and come here to chat about them and see the newest games and info. So as we all like games we all have our favourite, obviousley.

We all have a fav. console, be it the P2s with loads of great games, The Gc with super fast loading and great multiplayers. Even the X-box with the imense power. Within these consoles we all have our fav. gebnre which normally helps us decide on which games console to buy, for instance i love RPG's and multiplayers so i opted for the Ps2 with FFX and others and GC with Mario Party coming and an updated Skies of Arcadia, even a new FF game.

As we all have a fav. game do you ever get a bit addcited to one of them? A bit obsessed? I mean if you ask anybody who knows me i am pretty mad about FF and when i was going through 7 i talked about little else as the story captivated me, the graphics were good and the ATB system was also great. The game was detailed, there were the chocobos( actually had a big part, unlike newer ones!) plenty of mateira to get and master. Getting every limit break, little things like that make the difference between a game, and a great game.

Along with greatness comes crapness basically, take the good with the bad. So as we have all been trhilled with a game and loved it, not putting it down, reading the instruction booklet many times, habe any of you been obsessed with a game? What one?
but back to the greatness and crapness. We have our games like mario 64, Goldeneye and FF7, but then we have our bad games such as Evergrace, the graphics are ok, but the story is poor and i see little enjoyment in it for anyone.
Fair enough every one makes mistakes but can these mistakes continue, surely by now most developers have mad a bad game to know not to do it again.
So my second question being have any of you been very disappointed with a game you have been waiting for? Then the opposite, have you found a gem in the sewer? Have you been expecting little from a game and then played it on a demo, or over a friends to find out it is an extremley good game?

Just wondered.
Sir Auron!
Sun 15/09/02 at 14:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I've nevery been obsessed.
Sun 15/09/02 at 15:00
Regular
neithery have iy ;D
Sun 15/09/02 at 15:25
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
I have, and i wrote a damn long post about it too, I seem to get obsessed with games, sell them after a while. Rebuy them, then relise why i got rid of them, and end up skint. The story of my life really.
Sun 15/09/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Max Power"
i been obbsessed with gta3 and a long time ago the sims no i find them seriasly boring exept gta3 i still have stuff to do o yeah i been obsessed with another thing... the internet. most people that have been on this site have been obsessed with it.
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:12
"possibly impossible"
Yeah, one time I was taken over by a demon and had to kill someone..

..oh, OBSESSED. Sorry, my mistake, I was obsessed by Command and Conquer for a while, back when I was a student and could afford the time spent on it.
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have an unhealthy obsession for Hilary Woods out of JJ72 (band not a game)
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:23
Regular
yep unhealthy obsession with kelly brook......bad for the eyesight!

Games:

Champo has been proven in tests to be as addictive as smoking.
I get obsessed with games like gta 3 or mafia and play them pretty much non stop until i finish them, then feel annoyed as there is noting left!
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:24
SHEEPY wrote:
> I have an unhealthy obsession for Hilary Woods out of JJ72 (band not a
> game)

mmm...
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:33
Regular
*Scottish Accent*
I can't bend my thumbs because of Space Invaders back in 1972!

(Yeah that was a pretty addictive video game)

Video Game?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.