GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Computer Games and the World of Aggression."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/09/02 at 22:17
Regular
Ok, now admit it, on accasions you have been really * off with somebody or something. So you have run away to your private space (bedroom, etc) to go and contemplate quietly to yourself. WRONG! No. Most people now what you are really doing. Sticking that game of tekken into the machine for the umpteenth time and pretending you are beating the * out of your boss or ex girlfriend. Or, if your prized Skoda goes on the blink, you will have a play on that lovely game Destruction Derby RAW. Well, you may be thinking, where the hell is this post going? Well that fact is, that I am trying to make a point. Games, and more games and secretly made with a hidden objective. To bring violence out of the world. By taking your aggression out on a construction of pixels, it helps you to avoid picking on the poor grannies that walk the streets with their groceries. So basically it is my belief that games do not encourage or promote violence, but infact help calm people down "relieving their aggression levels". Games are infact the best thing since sliced bread, pogo sticks, and of course those small round red thingies, and are going to take anger management courses by storm... or out of business (depends on whether people sheel out £150 for a console of £200 on a course). So what do you think? Do you agree with me, u better, or next time law will be kikkin' pauls head off his shoulders.

*Replace with a word that you see fit :).
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:17
Regular
"Nobody Home"
Ok, now admit it, on accasions you have been really * off with somebody or something. So you have run away to your private space (bedroom, etc) to go and contemplate quietly to yourself. WRONG! No. Most people now what you are really doing. Sticking that game of tekken into the machine for the umpteenth time and pretending you are beating the * out of your boss or ex girlfriend. Or, if your prized Skoda goes on the blink, you will have a play on that lovely game Destruction Derby RAW. Well, you may be thinking, where the hell is this post going? Well that fact is, that I am trying to make a point. Games, and more games and secretly made with a hidden objective. To bring violence out of the world. By taking your aggression out on a construction of pixels, it helps you to avoid picking on the poor grannies that walk the streets with their groceries. So basically it is my belief that games do not encourage or promote violence, but infact help calm people down "relieving their aggression levels". Games are infact the best thing since sliced bread, pogo sticks, and of course those small round red thingies, and are going to take anger management courses by storm... or out of business (depends on whether people sheel out £150 for a console of £200 on a course). So what do you think? Do you agree with me, u better, or next time law will be kikkin' pauls head off his shoulders.

*Replace with a word that you see fit :).
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:23
Regular
When fighting the giant bowser on Luigi's Mansion, he hurt me one time too many.

I switched over to Smash Brothers and blew the hell out of him with Samus! :-D

I don't remember taking out real life fustrations on games, but I do play them to take my mind of troubling matters.
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:48
Regular
"Nobody Home"
Yeah I agree with that. On many accasion I have played to get my mind off certain things...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.