GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The most fun I've had in ages!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/09/02 at 15:43
Regular
Thanks to Nintendo, Capcom, a banging gate and my neighbour's cat Pebbles, I've had the most fun I've experienced in videogaming for absolutely bloody ages!

Friday 13th 10:00am

I awoke to find I had slept a little later than normal. Thankfully, without having the responsibilities of school and work to attend, that didn't matter. Infact, that was the best nights sleep I had had in ages! Whilst lying in bed, I read a few chapters of a book called Star Trek X-Planet, a very entertaining crossover story mixing both Star Trek The Next Generation and The Uncanny X-men.

Friday 13th 10:30am

After reading around six (short) chapters of my book, I decided to get out of bed. After all, I had pre-ordered the game Resident Evil and wanted to collect it as soon as I possibly could. So I got out of bed, got ready and left the house to catch a bus.

Friday 13th 11.20am

Cardiff Bus actually ran on time for the first time in the six/seven years I've lived here! I'm glad I always prepare for such miracles, though I rarely expect them to happen. I got on the bus and for some reason it stank of animal dung.

Friday 13th 12:30am

I finally got into Cardiff city centre (after the bus went the wrong way) and headed to the Game shop I pre-ordered Resident Evil from (sorry SR, although you were cheaper, they offered a free collectors edition DVD). After chatting to the unknowledgeable staff there about the Memory Card 251 (What's that? the staff asked). I bought my game, as well as getting a Memory Card 59 for a fiver then headed off to the Game store in Cardiff Debenhams.

Friday 13th 12:50am

I arrived at the Debenhams Game store and had a chat with the deputy manager about a temporary job I'll soon be getting. So I was happy.

Friday 13th 13:10pm

I purchased a soundtrack CD for the new Star Trek series (I'm a big fan of science fiction - and I liked the theme).

Friday 13th 14:00pm

I arrived home and decided to listen to my new CD. After skipping through all the tracks I decided to try out Resident Evil. It was great! However, I wasn't so good at the game.

Friday 13th 15:00pm

I decided to play on Command & Conquer on the PC. I hadn't been able to on my new(ish) PC as the game isn't compatable with a Windows XP system - so I downloaded a patch I found.

Friday 13th between 20:00pm and 00:00am

I went online, reviewed Resident Evil and chatted to some of my friends online. I then went offline to play a certain Horror Survival.

Saturday 14th 00:30am

I decided to play Resident Evil with the TV loud, the lights off and my bedroom window open - just for effect. Although each time I've played so far I haven't progressed much and have ended up restarting many a time. But I had so much fun playing! I actually felt...not scared...but nervous as to what was going to happen, even in the sections I knew what was going to happen!
Anyway, I was getting to a section of the game I hadn't reached before...then lightning struck on the screen - so I jumped out of my skin. Five minutes later, the wind blew my garden gate and it banged like crazy! So I went outside to shut it. Then ten minutes after that, my neighbours cats started fighting. Although these were annoyances, they made the game seem even more atmospheric than it already is! I mean, you can't really appreciate it to the max' on a sunny day like today.

Anyway, that's my fun day, or night, or...ah well, forget it :)
Sun 15/09/02 at 23:05
Regular
Aye, I'm still having fun with that game - thankfully no more interruptions from my neighbours cats though...

Why is making myself jump so fun? LOL
Sat 14/09/02 at 20:26
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
I hope you had fun, Is resident Evil worth buying, I want to buy it. but I don't have Enough Money. I have pre ordered Turok Evolution and Super Mario Sunshine, any tips on getting people to like you and to win Gameaday.
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:14
Regular
It was an offer Game were doing - buy a memory card 59 and resident evil together and get the memory card for a fiver - Ofcourse there was nothing on the wall or anything mentioning this offer, but I didn't complain.
Sat 14/09/02 at 16:42
Regular
That sounds like a great day. I'ms ashamed to say I ordered my copy of Resi because of the free DVD, only to be severly disappointed by it.

On anoher note, how did you manage to pick up a Memory Card 59 for a fiver? Was it part of a special promotion or something?
Sat 14/09/02 at 15:43
Regular
Thanks to Nintendo, Capcom, a banging gate and my neighbour's cat Pebbles, I've had the most fun I've experienced in videogaming for absolutely bloody ages!

Friday 13th 10:00am

I awoke to find I had slept a little later than normal. Thankfully, without having the responsibilities of school and work to attend, that didn't matter. Infact, that was the best nights sleep I had had in ages! Whilst lying in bed, I read a few chapters of a book called Star Trek X-Planet, a very entertaining crossover story mixing both Star Trek The Next Generation and The Uncanny X-men.

Friday 13th 10:30am

After reading around six (short) chapters of my book, I decided to get out of bed. After all, I had pre-ordered the game Resident Evil and wanted to collect it as soon as I possibly could. So I got out of bed, got ready and left the house to catch a bus.

Friday 13th 11.20am

Cardiff Bus actually ran on time for the first time in the six/seven years I've lived here! I'm glad I always prepare for such miracles, though I rarely expect them to happen. I got on the bus and for some reason it stank of animal dung.

Friday 13th 12:30am

I finally got into Cardiff city centre (after the bus went the wrong way) and headed to the Game shop I pre-ordered Resident Evil from (sorry SR, although you were cheaper, they offered a free collectors edition DVD). After chatting to the unknowledgeable staff there about the Memory Card 251 (What's that? the staff asked). I bought my game, as well as getting a Memory Card 59 for a fiver then headed off to the Game store in Cardiff Debenhams.

Friday 13th 12:50am

I arrived at the Debenhams Game store and had a chat with the deputy manager about a temporary job I'll soon be getting. So I was happy.

Friday 13th 13:10pm

I purchased a soundtrack CD for the new Star Trek series (I'm a big fan of science fiction - and I liked the theme).

Friday 13th 14:00pm

I arrived home and decided to listen to my new CD. After skipping through all the tracks I decided to try out Resident Evil. It was great! However, I wasn't so good at the game.

Friday 13th 15:00pm

I decided to play on Command & Conquer on the PC. I hadn't been able to on my new(ish) PC as the game isn't compatable with a Windows XP system - so I downloaded a patch I found.

Friday 13th between 20:00pm and 00:00am

I went online, reviewed Resident Evil and chatted to some of my friends online. I then went offline to play a certain Horror Survival.

Saturday 14th 00:30am

I decided to play Resident Evil with the TV loud, the lights off and my bedroom window open - just for effect. Although each time I've played so far I haven't progressed much and have ended up restarting many a time. But I had so much fun playing! I actually felt...not scared...but nervous as to what was going to happen, even in the sections I knew what was going to happen!
Anyway, I was getting to a section of the game I hadn't reached before...then lightning struck on the screen - so I jumped out of my skin. Five minutes later, the wind blew my garden gate and it banged like crazy! So I went outside to shut it. Then ten minutes after that, my neighbours cats started fighting. Although these were annoyances, they made the game seem even more atmospheric than it already is! I mean, you can't really appreciate it to the max' on a sunny day like today.

Anyway, that's my fun day, or night, or...ah well, forget it :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.