GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rare sold"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/09/02 at 09:36
Regular
In a shock announcement this Saturday, Rare, the company that everybody loves because they made Goldeneye, finally announced that they had indeed been bought out.

A spokeman for the company gave the press conference in Hyde Park, on top of a reinforced shoe box, to a bunch of tramps and passers-by that RARE had been sold to Sir Clive Sinclair, former creator of the Sinclair Spectrum. He had used his profits from selling the QL and C5 technology to the British Army to wrestle the final share from the hands of Nintendo, a global games company who are said to be using the money to sponsor a new charity for homeless Latin American plumbers and their brothers.

In a seperate interview behind the bus stop 54, Chelsea high street, Sir Clive announced his plans for the direction of Rare.

"I've always been a fan of Conker and Goldeneye, so I'm pleased to get control of the company for my new project. My plan is to build a new supercomputer that will play only Rareware games, which will stop all this stupid bickering between the different console owners and will mean that Rare fans can get their own console and finally shut up."

We asked a passing old lady for her opinion on the big takeover, but she just waved her handbag at us and told us she would call the police.
Sat 14/09/02 at 09:36
"possibly impossible"
In a shock announcement this Saturday, Rare, the company that everybody loves because they made Goldeneye, finally announced that they had indeed been bought out.

A spokeman for the company gave the press conference in Hyde Park, on top of a reinforced shoe box, to a bunch of tramps and passers-by that RARE had been sold to Sir Clive Sinclair, former creator of the Sinclair Spectrum. He had used his profits from selling the QL and C5 technology to the British Army to wrestle the final share from the hands of Nintendo, a global games company who are said to be using the money to sponsor a new charity for homeless Latin American plumbers and their brothers.

In a seperate interview behind the bus stop 54, Chelsea high street, Sir Clive announced his plans for the direction of Rare.

"I've always been a fan of Conker and Goldeneye, so I'm pleased to get control of the company for my new project. My plan is to build a new supercomputer that will play only Rareware games, which will stop all this stupid bickering between the different console owners and will mean that Rare fans can get their own console and finally shut up."

We asked a passing old lady for her opinion on the big takeover, but she just waved her handbag at us and told us she would call the police.
Sat 14/09/02 at 10:03
"Stupid Newbie :D"
You realise how likely it is (especially here) that someone is going to read this post and take it seriously? ;)

Highly amusing topic, albeit giving the plebs their cue.
Sat 14/09/02 at 10:08
"For the horde!!!!"
i don't know what to make of this post, if it's serious you have worded in such a way that it's like a joke. If it is a joke then it's just pointless spam.
Sat 14/09/02 at 10:17
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Case in point. ;)
Sat 14/09/02 at 10:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
LOL! Heh, that was funny pb! :D
Sat 14/09/02 at 11:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Brilliant.
Sat 14/09/02 at 11:17
Regular
Sir Clive made a profit on the C5?

LOL!

:)
Sat 14/09/02 at 12:21
Regular
Did you know he is actually developing a new console.
Sat 14/09/02 at 12:28
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
Very funny
Sat 14/09/02 at 12:33
Regular
LOL!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.