GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future is coming......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/11/00 at 18:47
Regular
I think the future of gaming is bright.
In the console world we have the ps2 the gamecube, the X - box (akhem! excuse me)and the dreamcast (no comment).
The future looks even better for the PC gamer. New developments in 3D and now even 4D environments, as well as Virtual reality and voice recognition games. Also the vodoo graphics gards are bringing a 5th dimension to gamers.
The development of on-line game technology along with free ISP's makes gaming cheaper and more versatile. This 'on-line gaming will play a major part in the 'next generation' consoles, bringing new and exciting possobilities along with it. Games are becoming more realistic, with better graphics, control and sound effects, not to mention VR technology and 4D* games.
Consoles can now be played on the new wide-screen TV's with surround sound and great resolution. On - line games through your TV, thinking you're actually there- phew!
A lot of people have the opposite kind of things to say, like the gaming industry is coming to a close, slowing down - no, the gaming industry is just starting to pick up speed! Game designers will keep pumping out games up to and into the new millenium ( which is actually 2001! )

Happy gaming!

**I know very well what the fourth dimension is, and I know how difficult it would be for a game to exist as such. But this is beside the point. Games currently are described as 3D, but this is simply not true. The closest thing I have found is a game with 3D sound. Try listening with headphones on and you'll hear what I mean. Turn your character right and (gasp) the sound comes from the right 'phone. In the future all games should include this. But this is only the start...
Remember virtual reality. You know, all those stupid clunky headsets, featured over and over again on innovation programs, and each time hailed as 'the system of the future', and each dwindling into obscurity. Why is this? The idea is sound. The headset could be redesigned, and it would infinitely improve gaming. Imagine using the headset the look and hear and the mouse for movements and actions. That would be about as close to enacting Thief in real life as it's possible to come without collecting a criminal record.
Fri 24/11/00 at 21:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Turn your speakers up real loud - you'll bloody feel it then. Especially if your ear drums burst.
Fri 24/11/00 at 18:58
Regular
you can only see 3 dimensions at a time!

These are at most 2 side views and either the above or below view which adds up o 3D

4D would mean you'd have to feel the game itself (not just a rumble pak but actually feel almost everything!)
Fri 24/11/00 at 18:48
Regular
Zelda Majora's Mask is said to be a 4D game!
Fri 24/11/00 at 18:47
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I think the future of gaming is bright.
In the console world we have the ps2 the gamecube, the X - box (akhem! excuse me)and the dreamcast (no comment).
The future looks even better for the PC gamer. New developments in 3D and now even 4D environments, as well as Virtual reality and voice recognition games. Also the vodoo graphics gards are bringing a 5th dimension to gamers.
The development of on-line game technology along with free ISP's makes gaming cheaper and more versatile. This 'on-line gaming will play a major part in the 'next generation' consoles, bringing new and exciting possobilities along with it. Games are becoming more realistic, with better graphics, control and sound effects, not to mention VR technology and 4D* games.
Consoles can now be played on the new wide-screen TV's with surround sound and great resolution. On - line games through your TV, thinking you're actually there- phew!
A lot of people have the opposite kind of things to say, like the gaming industry is coming to a close, slowing down - no, the gaming industry is just starting to pick up speed! Game designers will keep pumping out games up to and into the new millenium ( which is actually 2001! )

Happy gaming!

**I know very well what the fourth dimension is, and I know how difficult it would be for a game to exist as such. But this is beside the point. Games currently are described as 3D, but this is simply not true. The closest thing I have found is a game with 3D sound. Try listening with headphones on and you'll hear what I mean. Turn your character right and (gasp) the sound comes from the right 'phone. In the future all games should include this. But this is only the start...
Remember virtual reality. You know, all those stupid clunky headsets, featured over and over again on innovation programs, and each time hailed as 'the system of the future', and each dwindling into obscurity. Why is this? The idea is sound. The headset could be redesigned, and it would infinitely improve gaming. Imagine using the headset the look and hear and the mouse for movements and actions. That would be about as close to enacting Thief in real life as it's possible to come without collecting a criminal record.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.