GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"loyalties to Ninty and RARE"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/09/02 at 19:53
Regular
I have been a regular fan of Nintendo since I was 8, and was blessed with all your new inventions since, but with the release of the Game Cube there have only been so many games that I have wanted. Now that I've got them all I have a long and tedious wait for games like Star Fox Adventures and GC Zelda.
Because of this wait I have begun to question why 2nd hand European parties like RARE Manufacture games like Star Fox Adventures only to have them released first in Japan and N. America, when they were made somewhere in the EU.
I feel that Europe should have some of it's own game manufacturers (E.G. RARE) produce games for Europe first instead of the opposite way round.

Another question is how come there has not been any recent news about Kameo: Elements of power since it's first mention at E3 a while ago? Because there are others who are asking the same question but have not been given an answer yet.

Yours Truly
GSmaster
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:49
"The Will of D."
Ok, but If any one has any info according to Kameo please tell me becuase I'm that serious about it as you can see in my letter.
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:46
Regular
Rare games are usually released over here first, but because StarFox Adventures was developed by both Rare and Nintendo, it's released in Japan first. Then, as the USA are the largest market, it logically moves onto that. Finally, us Europeans get to get our hands on the masterpiece.
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:27
Regular
Boz wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
> Too Human is by Silicon Knights not Rare.
>
> I thought that to, but in a mag it says rare.

Silicon Knights used to make the old Legacy of Kain games for the Playstation. After selling the franchise the company began to make Eternal Darkness for the N64 and Too Human for the PS2. After Nintendo bought into the company the nearly finished Too Human was cancelled on the PS2 for future release on the Gamecube AFTER Eternal Darkness scheduled for November 1sr.
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:19
"The Will of D."
I am fed up with people saying RARE will move to Microsoft, will you "wake up and smell the roses"
Sat 14/09/02 at 15:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Kameo isn't coming out.
I think that Rare will most likely make completely different games for Microsoft, if they make any games at all.
I'm not that bothered, anyway. Nintendo and Sega make good enough games for me, and they make them quickly too.
Sat 14/09/02 at 15:35
Regular
"In and out :)"
Yes whenever Kameo is coming out i am looking foward to it and as it will prolly come out in america or japan first ill import becaue by when it comes out ill prolly have my Freeloader
Sat 14/09/02 at 15:29
Regular
king cool wrote:
> me and asher d went for a job at rare. they only accepted me as asher
> d was not good enough. i did not take the job because i did not want
> to be away from him.
>
>
> cool out

You are so weird, do you 2 share a bed?

Have you got matching his and hers hand luggage?
Sat 14/09/02 at 15:03
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> Too Human is by Silicon Knights not Rare.

I thought that to, but in a mag it says rare.
Sat 14/09/02 at 13:31
Regular
.com
Sat 14/09/02 at 13:25
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Awwwwwwwwww, how romantic of you. ;-)

Romantic? God Man, pull yourself together! :D It's crazy business here. We need him spade, for the love of God man, do it now!

;D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.