GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"40+ And games don't mix!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/09/02 at 16:40
Regular
Why are people over about 40 years of age so rubbish at games?
I was only yesterday playing on wave race with a person who is 46 years old and he was a bit rubbish to say the least and not just on waverace,on whatever game he plays.
Every time I seem to play on (i'll use wave race as a example as much as possible so it will be easily understood)...waverace with him he says before he play "ohh yea come on,set it up are you ready to lose" or somthing wierd , funny or just plain stupid like that.
When it actually comes to him playing on it he doesn't have a clue what he's doing yet 5 minutes before I had just taught the insides out of the control system to him.
His average of playing on a game a week with me is about 2-4 times (anywere from 20 minutes to an hour of play each time),and may I just say that everytime before he plays with me I always remind him of the controls and set up of the game were playing on.
He might say he's not good at games bacause he's not used to the technoligy,the controler or just the whole aspect of it but all of this is just not true,say if he says "oh you play on this all the time" I say to him that "if any kid that plays on games as much as him could be able to learn the control's and actually be good at the game he or she is playing" or if he says "I have other things on my mind" I say back (although what he said was true)"don't you think us young gamers have things on our mind such as things like school or homework" although not the same as things like billing and washing its still things on our minds and school and homework for axample are important to young and teenage gamers.The list goes on and on aswell.
So mayby over 40 year olds just get to old to play games or just can't be bothered anymore.Although saying this there are a handful of quility gamers at this age,but theres just not that many and the majority arn't tha good.
Maybe it's just a lack of determination,and motivation that stops them from playing games unless you nag and nag and there seemingly impossible ability to practice at these games,since when have you spotted a 40+ year old playng on a game at ther own free will......exactly what I thought.
Sun 29/09/02 at 12:45
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
most of them are.
Sun 29/09/02 at 12:11
Regular
"Festivus!"
Not all 40+ will be crap!
Sun 29/09/02 at 11:46
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
Tribute wrote:
> Don't categorise people mod!

Wht do you mean?
Sun 29/09/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Festivus!"
Don't categorise people mod!
Sun 29/09/02 at 11:44
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
when does timesplitters 2 for gamecube come out?
Fri 20/09/02 at 17:47
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
El blokey wrote:
> moderation wrote:
> I can win again can win again can't I?
>
> Yes, but the way you said it suggested you were trying to find out how
> you can win for the first time.

but I have allready won
Fri 20/09/02 at 16:38
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
moderation wrote:
> I can win again can win again can't I?

Yes, but the way you said it suggested you were trying to find out how you can win for the first time.
Fri 20/09/02 at 16:24
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
why don't you have a gamecube
Fri 20/09/02 at 16:22
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
silly me eh, you'd probably kick my toosh on that game too, since I don't own a Gamecube...
Fri 20/09/02 at 16:09
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
I do own a n64 ,but not waverace on it.also its not only waverace he's rubish at.by the way,I was talking about waverace on gamecube

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.