GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DC Chat Forum - Dying a Death"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/09/02 at 09:39
Regular
Unfortunately I think that the DC Chat Forum is dying a death. I look in this forum most days to see if there is anything to get my teeth into but, alas, not much is happening.

I am saddend by the DC demise but understand that we must move on. What really gets me is that it doesn't look like we will be able to buy a SEGA console again for a very long time. The DC was a break through but the powder brain PS2 playing gaming community didn't realise how much better a machine the DC is to the PS2.

The PS2 is over-rated and is now probably the worst of the 3 current selling consoles on the market. But hype sells and Sony know how to do that. With the rumours of the 'PS3' being constructed it looks like we will have a long line of brainwashed Sony children continuing to waste their money on bad hardware. Yes, I know,you can only truely understand that you have wasted your money when you experince something better. The DC, X-Box and GC are better, but who can afford to own more than 2 of the consoles on the market. I own a DC and (ashmed to say) a PS2. I have 45 games for the DC and 5 for the PS2, that about says it for me. The PS2 it's good for watching DVD's.

I thing SR should change this the the SEGA Chat Forum so that Like minded people can continue to enthuse about what we like best: bloody good SEGA games.

Infact I think I will start a thread on the very subject.

BB.
Fri 13/09/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree, and did suggest they change the name to just the "SEGA" forum.

But despite the Dreamcasts greatness and how much we all love SEGA, it seems that there isn't really all that much to talk about right now.

But SEGA are still making games, and once they have flooded the market and all console with their own titles in the near future, i'm sure there will be something to talk about.

Just think.... Toe Jam and Earl will be returning soon! :D
Fri 13/09/02 at 14:44
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I agree in parts of what you say here. I do believe that many DC owners still frequent this forum but for one reason or another they dont post very often (maybe cos theres nothing to reply to.)

In my eyes the DC is as strong now as any other console available, granted i accept that theres no new games available to buy/play if youre one of the early DC owners but if youre fairly new to the DC (like i still am to a degree) then its a gamers heaven... Cheap console, cheap games, and im not trying to kid myself when i say that the games available to the DC are simply on a whole superior to any other format (just fewer of them perhaps)

When you consider the price of a pre-owned DC and the mass of great games available its amazing how this box of greatness got left behind, its one of the biggest crimes in gaming history that were having this conversation, the DC simplay is still the console to own.

Shenmue, Crazy taxi, Soul caliber, MSR, Virtua tennis 2k2, Sonic adventures... these are just some of the many games that i have and every time i load them up i am still hit by the "wow" factor.

The DC may be dead... long live the DC.
Fri 13/09/02 at 09:39
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
Unfortunately I think that the DC Chat Forum is dying a death. I look in this forum most days to see if there is anything to get my teeth into but, alas, not much is happening.

I am saddend by the DC demise but understand that we must move on. What really gets me is that it doesn't look like we will be able to buy a SEGA console again for a very long time. The DC was a break through but the powder brain PS2 playing gaming community didn't realise how much better a machine the DC is to the PS2.

The PS2 is over-rated and is now probably the worst of the 3 current selling consoles on the market. But hype sells and Sony know how to do that. With the rumours of the 'PS3' being constructed it looks like we will have a long line of brainwashed Sony children continuing to waste their money on bad hardware. Yes, I know,you can only truely understand that you have wasted your money when you experince something better. The DC, X-Box and GC are better, but who can afford to own more than 2 of the consoles on the market. I own a DC and (ashmed to say) a PS2. I have 45 games for the DC and 5 for the PS2, that about says it for me. The PS2 it's good for watching DVD's.

I thing SR should change this the the SEGA Chat Forum so that Like minded people can continue to enthuse about what we like best: bloody good SEGA games.

Infact I think I will start a thread on the very subject.

BB.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.