GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turok not so good?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/09/02 at 19:22
Regular
I went onto IGN and I went to the Turok Evelotion on the GameCube and they gave it a measily 6.9. Has anyone got this game if so do you think it is bad.
Fri 13/09/02 at 14:16
Regular
"Australian Person."
Hyper gave it 82%...
Fri 13/09/02 at 13:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think turok still does have high powered weaponry as well, probably making the bow and arrow a default weapon which you only use when your out of ammo for the other guns.

Thinking about it though, it'd be nice to see a FPS where you have to use good old weapons like swords, it'd be more challanging combat. The closest thing to this I've ever played is theif 2 on the PC, which is an awesome game.
Fri 13/09/02 at 13:39
"Darkness, always"
Turok is supposed to be about knives and arrows and proper gritty combat, but the games rely more on conventianal weaponry like guns and grenade launchers...
Fri 13/09/02 at 11:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm not sure about this game now, I liked the look of it a few weeks back, but now it's getting mixed reveiws from all over the place. Some people say because the cube version is being released later than the x-box and PS2 versions, it will be the best Turok because of improvements the developers can make.

But just how can the developers fix all of the bugs in a couple of weeks? I might give it a miss and wait for Timesplitters instead.
Fri 13/09/02 at 01:50
Regular
Well, that would explain it getting crap reviews on the GameCube. But its getting similar crap reviews on the PS2 and Xbox.
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:59
Regular
Its just getting released at the wrong time when other shooters are being released.

Anyway some mags do give games low marks at the begining of the consoles life so they can look like they knew it all in 3 years time when i game is amazing.

I would explain more, some people will understand, i have other thing to do.
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:45
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
This is what I meant:

I've played it and I don't think it deserves 6.9, I think it deserves
around an 8 or even a 9. It has great gameplay and it is really fun to
play. It won't deserve les than 7 or more than 9 though.
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
I've played it and I don't think it deserves 6, I think it deserves around an 8 or even a 9. It has great gameplay and it is really fun to play.
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:22
Regular
I went onto IGN and I went to the Turok Evelotion on the GameCube and they gave it a measily 6.9. Has anyone got this game if so do you think it is bad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.