GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turn you Xbox into a FlexBox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/09/02 at 12:33
Regular
Are you tired of being a skinny nerd?
Or have too many years spent playing videogames left you with a rather chubby midriff?
Or are you just disappointed with the lack of decent Xbox games and need a new use for your console aside from watching dvds on it?
Fear not, for now a new peripheral is here to help you turn your Xbox into your very own personal weight training set...THE FLEXBOX!

You’ve heard of “pumping iron”, well now it’s “pumping silicon”.
As the Xbox is so heavy, it seemed like the ideal console to use as a weight lifting device.
Using special ergonomically designed handles that can be lengthened or shortened to suit the user, you simply attach the FlexBox frame around you heavy Xbox, connect the handles onto it, and then start bodybuilding.
Used regularly, the FlexBox is guaranteed to tone your physique and transform your body shape, and there are no steroids involved. It’s certain to give you added “flex appeal” after 28 days or your money back!
Flexbox develops all the major upper body muscle groups and you can even lie on the special FlexBox weightlifting bench (sold separately) to train your leg muscles.

Along with the main FlexBox unit, you also get a free trial bottle of “Hunky Joe’s GreaseOrama Baby Oil” to grease up your new found muscles, and a music CD entitled “Music to work out to”, featuring many classic weight training tracks. You can even listen to the CD on your Xbox whilst you’re working out.

When you’ve finished training for the day and you want to cool off and relax, there’s even a special bodybuilding Xbox game bundled in with the peripheral. In the game you start off as a thin man with a small dream...a dream of turning into an oily macho muscle man.
You then take part in a series of mini games designed to build up your characters muscles and after completing them, must then go to bodybuilding shows and parade around like a greased up sweaty Adonis.
You must correctly press the buttons that are displayed onscreen to get your beefcake to pose and posture. The better your timing with the buttons, the better he poses.

All in all, the FlexBox looks set to be a worldwide smash, and there are already many happy and satisfied FlexBox customers.

Dwain from Leighton Buzzard says, “My Xbox was gathering dust, and before using the FlexBox I was a chubby nerd with no friends. After completing the FlexBox bodybuilding program I was a changed person. Although I still don’t have any friends and am still a nerd, I’m now a muscular nerd.”
“I turned from incredible bulk to incredible hulk in 28 days and it’s all thanks to FlexBox.”

See Dwain’s transformation at:
http://www.planetmuscle.com/images/before_after/buzz004.jpg

Mike Ironcrotch, Deputy Editor of Flex Magazine and muscle enthusiast says of FlexBox, “A brilliant piece of weight training and bodybuilding equipment and a definite reason to buy an Xbox.”
Flex Magazine awarded the FlexBox the gold award for bodybuilding greatness for September 2002.

The two bald brothers out of Right Said Fred say of FlexBox, “We’re deeply dippy about the FlexBox, and found it a remarkable piece of weight training equipment. The free baby oil came in handy too.”

Bill Gates has even given the FlexBox peripheral his blessing, saying he bought one “to see what it was like”, and he now uses it everyday. Bill says, “with the help of the FlexBox, my console has finally got another reason to exist apart from Halo, and I’ve now got muscles where I didn’t know you could get muscles!”

Other happy customers who’ve transformed thanks to the FlexBox include:

Chester from Chester:
http://www.arnoldclassic.com/ (SPACE)images/2003_flex_wheeler_2000_winn.jpg
http://www.gymaddiction.com/Gallery/M5.jpg

Burt from Sawbridgeworth:
http://www.getbig.com/pics/usa/2002/mens/palumbodavid.jpg

Fritz from Harlow:
http://www.gymaddiction.com/Gallery/M7.jpg

And Arnold from Austria:
http://www.thearnoldfans.com/ (SPACE)bodybuilding/doublebicepspose.jpg

The FlexBox is available now in most high street video game and sports equipment shops at the very reasonable price of £69.99, and is definitely an ideal Christmas gift for a loved one.

*Note* In the course of writing this topic I had to scour the internet trying to find pictures of over sized greased up muscle men. I didn’t enjoy looking for these pictures but had to suffer for my art and for your enjoyment.
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:46
Regular
The PS2 could be used as a step box. One of those really quite pointless things that people buy just so they can step up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down etc.
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:44
Regular
The gamecube could be used as one of those things that you attach to your arms or feet to make the brisk walk into an exercise. Adding extra weight to increase your workout.
The handle is already there for you to be able to easily slide your hands or feet thru.
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah... just a big pile of muscly men.

I didn't look! Honest!
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:25
Regular
"i am fubby"
can't be bothered to check all the links, they are probabaly rubbish anyway
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:50
Regular
"not dead"
As much effort as you put into finding those links, there is NO WAY I am checking them.

:o)
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hmm... and I wonder who that person could be!
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:03
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
That person's got a funny name!
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:02
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Greased up men...

That's what I meant!

Nooooooo, now I wrote that wrong and I look stupid!
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
May I point out that you lot are the ones looking at them!

I'm not going to even bother with it!

Greased up me...

Just stay away from me!
Thu 12/09/02 at 14:37
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Liar.

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.