GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMING NEWS FROM METRO...Kinda Funny>>"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 18:04
Regular
Read this article taken from Todays Metro:::::

"PARENTS who have spent hundreds of pounds on the latest games console can relax - the current generation of machines will not be replaced until 2005 at the earliest.
Sony, which makes PlayStation2, has ditched plans for a speedy launch of PlayStation3. It had thought of shortening PlayStation2's life cycle to compete with the high sales of Microsoft's Xbox. But, with worldwide sales of 33million - albeit with a year's head start on its rival - PS2 has outshone Xbox's 3.9million sales.

'At this point, the future on the PS3 is pure speculation, adding,'said a Sony spokesman,adding: 'Five years is a reasonable life cycle'.

Just 4million GameCubes have been sold since last autumn, leading to industry speculation that maker Nintendo could pull out of the games hardware market."

End Of Article>>>>>

What surprises me is what Metro said about the Ninty, that they may pull out?? Whats that about. Plus clearly from this article we can see that Nintendo have had larger sales then the xbox, so what is this about?

"It had thought of shortening PlayStation2's life cycle to compete with the high sales of Microsoft's Xbox."

What do you all think on this matter? Discuss.....
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Read this article taken from Todays Metro:::::

"PARENTS who have spent hundreds of pounds on the latest games console can relax - the current generation of machines will not be replaced until 2005 at the earliest.
Sony, which makes PlayStation2, has ditched plans for a speedy launch of PlayStation3. It had thought of shortening PlayStation2's life cycle to compete with the high sales of Microsoft's Xbox. But, with worldwide sales of 33million - albeit with a year's head start on its rival - PS2 has outshone Xbox's 3.9million sales.

'At this point, the future on the PS3 is pure speculation, adding,'said a Sony spokesman,adding: 'Five years is a reasonable life cycle'.

Just 4million GameCubes have been sold since last autumn, leading to industry speculation that maker Nintendo could pull out of the games hardware market."

End Of Article>>>>>

What surprises me is what Metro said about the Ninty, that they may pull out?? Whats that about. Plus clearly from this article we can see that Nintendo have had larger sales then the xbox, so what is this about?

"It had thought of shortening PlayStation2's life cycle to compete with the high sales of Microsoft's Xbox."

What do you all think on this matter? Discuss.....
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:30
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I noticed that "high XBOX sales" line too...probably just a mistake.

I think that what MS and the big N need is to find out when this PS3 will come out, then bust their balls in order to get a console out at the same time.
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
True, Sony were sort of rushihng things, but now they've slowed down. I think Micrsoft and Nintendo will create better consoles for the future.
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:48
Regular
Is this not an american news thing??

The xbox is selling more than GC out there. But i think that in europe and japan the GC outsells the xbox by a bit.

PS still has the main chunk of the market. Though isnt there more gameboys (colour, pocket and chunky) out there than any other??

Well hopefully Console devlopers wont make new ones for along time now. We dont need em. The ones out now are fine.
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Nah, the Xbox is doing better than the Cube in usa, vice versa in Japan and Europe. ITs good that companies produce consoles every 5 years or so, its better for us consumers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.