GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"help me, no really i need help about computers."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 17:18
Regular
I have this homework and im really stuck i was wondering if some of you people could help me.

1. what is a buffer for? i hear dit had something to do with printers and storing prints for a while.

2. whats the name of the thing that holds data for ever. Something like bios or rom.

2. i cant remember the word something like CASHE its meant to hold more power or something. I need the name and what it does do.

cheer guys.
Wed 11/09/02 at 17:18
Regular
I have this homework and im really stuck i was wondering if some of you people could help me.

1. what is a buffer for? i hear dit had something to do with printers and storing prints for a while.

2. whats the name of the thing that holds data for ever. Something like bios or rom.

2. i cant remember the word something like CASHE its meant to hold more power or something. I need the name and what it does do.

cheer guys.
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:35
Regular
Boz wrote:
> I have this homework and im really stuck i was wondering if some of
> you people could help me.
>
> 1. what is a buffer for? i hear dit had something to do with printers
> and storing prints for a while.

a printer buffer would, yes

>
> 2. whats the name of the thing that holds data for ever. Something
> like bios or rom.

datas chair ?

>
> 2. i cant remember the word something like CASHE its meant to hold
> more power or something. I need the name and what it does do.
>

cash holds power, usually quite a lot too

>
> cheer guys.
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:42
Regular
dunno about the buffer, maybe something to do with getting infomation together in big chunks before processing it. Only because when i watch movies it says 'buffering - 1%,2%,3% and so on.

Rom is read only memory Ram is random access memory. I think.
#

cache i think the word is isnt it??

Try reading in your textbook. :\
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:49
Regular
"..."
<- Pappa Lazarou -> wrote:
>
> datas chair ?

lol :)

Post this in the web forum and you will get an essay answer for each of your questions, I promise :)
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:51
Regular
our mentally challenged friend is right, a buffer is indeed for holding data for future processing. You need to be more specific with what application this buffer has.

BIOS (Basic Input Output System) is the programmable chip on your motherboard which holds such options and info as Hard Disk Size, basic memory operations, boot order, etc Modern BIOS holds much data concerning the running of your PC.

Cache is the fastest type of memory on your computer, second in speed only to the CPU itself. After your cache memory comes your Ram, and then disks. This is called the memory hierarchy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.