GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Imported DC Games - Are They Worth It?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 16:27
Regular
I was think about getting my DC chipped to allow the use of imported games.

I have seen some Japanese games priced at £65 but wouldn't know if they are good or bad.

Would it be worth getting the DC chipped? If so, what games would you recommend.

BB
Fri 13/09/02 at 14:50
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I dont know about a webcam for the DC, a freind of mine has the microphone thats about the only online gadget i saw but i wouldnt be surprised if others existed too.

Again regarding the 56k modem i know very little about it sorry. I have broadband on my PC so i didnt really venture into console online gaming (if others thought the same way as me its small wonder how the idea failed to take off the way Sega hoped it would)
Fri 13/09/02 at 09:19
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
Thanks for you reply, I was begining to think my question was falling on deaf ears.

I understand your argument completely, it was the same reason that I decided not to get my DC 'chipped'.

I have seen a we-cam for the DC though and it is intriguing me. Have you seen one before?

I was also looking to get the 56K modem for the DC, is it a good idea or a waste of money?

BB
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:20
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I appreciate that there are many wonderful import games available for the DC that we are unable to play without ownership of a "chipped" DC. It does seem quite alot of money to pay in order to play these imported games and when you take into account that the chances are the dialogue will be all in Japanese and as a result may reduce the fun-factor for all except the fluent japanese speakers, it does seem less attractive than perhaps spending the money elsewhere, this is only one opinion tho and im sure that many others may beg to differ with me.
Wed 11/09/02 at 16:27
Regular
"Frag 1st, Think 2nd"
I was think about getting my DC chipped to allow the use of imported games.

I have seen some Japanese games priced at £65 but wouldn't know if they are good or bad.

Would it be worth getting the DC chipped? If so, what games would you recommend.

BB

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.