GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"At last! A REAL Use for the X-Box!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 13:47
Regular
Incase you are unware of what happened one year ago today (for one strange reason or another), America is on stand-by as no-one really knows if they will or if they won't, exactly one year on. Or even if they do once again, what they'll go for.

If you are a regular viewer of everyone's favourite cartoon familly, The Simpsons, then you will have no doubt seen the episode that envolves Bart's Comet - discovered by Bart Simpson himself, before Springfield learns the truth that it is destined for their homeland.
Incase you haven't seen it, the people of Springfield send a rocket off into the Comet's path, in-hope that it will be destroyed.
However, it all goes wrong, and the rocket goes of-course, destroying the only exit from the doomed town with only hours left to live.

But Homer, being the Genius that he is, hatches a plan...
He and his familly (Marge, Lisa, Bart and Maggie) all rush to the BombShelter - that they don't have! Well, not in their garden anyway...
So it's over to the Flanders' back yard, and soon-enough, along comes the rest of the small town you cannot find on any map.

Of course, they all ended-up safe and sound in the end thanks to the O-Zone Layer, just like Homer said. But in the real world, would we really be wise to gamble to lives of millions on something people have been moaning about for years??

If Bin Laden's and maybe even Saddam's men too were to attack the USA for the second time in 365 days, surely Homer's Bomb Shelter idea (which was destroyed by the Comet) would be a much better place to be.
But is there anyone out-there who could really provide us with a Bomb Shelter suitable for protecting us from war???

Yes there is - and all Americans have "Billion Dollar Bill" Gates to thank for releasing the Microsoft X-Box on us, months in advance.

We just KNEW there had to be at least ONE good use for the over-sized box of power, and we knew that it couldn't possibly be for Gaming solely.
But now we have it..... the X-Box is the perfect place to hide-in, away from all those Air Raids.

Think about it....
It's bigger than anything else we've ever seen...
It's dark, so it will blend in with the darkness and hide-away in the night...
That big Green Light in the middle - it must be some kind of searchlight (like the Batman one) to see if all is bright and rosy yet...
And look at how much you can store inside it!!

Only thing it can't do is move. But with it's thick and durable outer-layering and space for a country inside, the X-Box is perfect.
Anyone who has recently picked one up for a newly reduced price must be feeling ontop of the world.

Seems like a bit of a waste for us 'War-free' Europeans though.
But you cannot hide inside a PS2, and don't even think-about the GameCube!!

Nice one Gatesy.

-----

Sorry if anyone feels offended by this post - even X-Box owners.
'Offending People' was not part of my intentions here. :)
Wed 11/09/02 at 13:47
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Incase you are unware of what happened one year ago today (for one strange reason or another), America is on stand-by as no-one really knows if they will or if they won't, exactly one year on. Or even if they do once again, what they'll go for.

If you are a regular viewer of everyone's favourite cartoon familly, The Simpsons, then you will have no doubt seen the episode that envolves Bart's Comet - discovered by Bart Simpson himself, before Springfield learns the truth that it is destined for their homeland.
Incase you haven't seen it, the people of Springfield send a rocket off into the Comet's path, in-hope that it will be destroyed.
However, it all goes wrong, and the rocket goes of-course, destroying the only exit from the doomed town with only hours left to live.

But Homer, being the Genius that he is, hatches a plan...
He and his familly (Marge, Lisa, Bart and Maggie) all rush to the BombShelter - that they don't have! Well, not in their garden anyway...
So it's over to the Flanders' back yard, and soon-enough, along comes the rest of the small town you cannot find on any map.

Of course, they all ended-up safe and sound in the end thanks to the O-Zone Layer, just like Homer said. But in the real world, would we really be wise to gamble to lives of millions on something people have been moaning about for years??

If Bin Laden's and maybe even Saddam's men too were to attack the USA for the second time in 365 days, surely Homer's Bomb Shelter idea (which was destroyed by the Comet) would be a much better place to be.
But is there anyone out-there who could really provide us with a Bomb Shelter suitable for protecting us from war???

Yes there is - and all Americans have "Billion Dollar Bill" Gates to thank for releasing the Microsoft X-Box on us, months in advance.

We just KNEW there had to be at least ONE good use for the over-sized box of power, and we knew that it couldn't possibly be for Gaming solely.
But now we have it..... the X-Box is the perfect place to hide-in, away from all those Air Raids.

Think about it....
It's bigger than anything else we've ever seen...
It's dark, so it will blend in with the darkness and hide-away in the night...
That big Green Light in the middle - it must be some kind of searchlight (like the Batman one) to see if all is bright and rosy yet...
And look at how much you can store inside it!!

Only thing it can't do is move. But with it's thick and durable outer-layering and space for a country inside, the X-Box is perfect.
Anyone who has recently picked one up for a newly reduced price must be feeling ontop of the world.

Seems like a bit of a waste for us 'War-free' Europeans though.
But you cannot hide inside a PS2, and don't even think-about the GameCube!!

Nice one Gatesy.

-----

Sorry if anyone feels offended by this post - even X-Box owners.
'Offending People' was not part of my intentions here. :)
Wed 11/09/02 at 13:56
Regular
It never offended me BUT...I have another real use for the Microsoft Machine. Have any of you guys actually tried playing one? :cP
Wed 11/09/02 at 14:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
WHAT!!????
PLAY an X-Box???
You've got to be MAD!
Wed 11/09/02 at 14:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Solskjær wrote:
> WHAT!!????
> PLAY an X-Box???
> You've got to be MAD!

It's a crazy idea, but if they brought out some decent games, it might just work....
Wed 11/09/02 at 14:20
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> WHAT!!????
> PLAY an X-Box???
> You've got to be MAD!

:-D Okay okay, I can pull a good joke sometimes.
Wed 11/09/02 at 14:33
Regular
"DS..."
no one seems to have osted in my topic yet about the running time of the Bourne Identity and seeing as i'm goin to go and see it in aprox 20 mins can anyone tell me what the running time is please?

thx.

slik ~_~
Wed 11/09/02 at 14:40
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I think it's about 2 hours long.
Wed 11/09/02 at 14:44
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
lol Solsjaer
Wed 11/09/02 at 14:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The timing could have been better for posting this.
Wed 11/09/02 at 14:57
"The Will of D."
The only good use of the X-box DW is to use the Xbox as a weapon to defend yourself from bullies at school or in wrestling matches: "OH MY GOD! Chris Jericho has been hit over the head by an Xbox, Booker T is disqualified for this offence"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.