GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has it begun?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 11:01
Regular
This month OXM reviews Crazy Taxi 3, Baldurs Gate:DA, Hitman 2, The Thing, Madden NFL 2003.

Next month they reckon reviews of Colin McRae 3, Rocky, Timesplitters 2, Deathrow, Quantum Redshift, Morrowind (can't wait for this game) and others.

It seems to me that our wait is over. After stunnig launch games, there wasn't much to shout about. But now I think it has begun. Autumn is here (nearly) and the big games are starting to be released now.

LEt's just get the next few weeks out the way, and then we can play the sort of games that Xbox was designed for.

Bring it on!
Wed 11/09/02 at 11:01
Regular
This month OXM reviews Crazy Taxi 3, Baldurs Gate:DA, Hitman 2, The Thing, Madden NFL 2003.

Next month they reckon reviews of Colin McRae 3, Rocky, Timesplitters 2, Deathrow, Quantum Redshift, Morrowind (can't wait for this game) and others.

It seems to me that our wait is over. After stunnig launch games, there wasn't much to shout about. But now I think it has begun. Autumn is here (nearly) and the big games are starting to be released now.

LEt's just get the next few weeks out the way, and then we can play the sort of games that Xbox was designed for.

Bring it on!
Wed 11/09/02 at 11:26
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Your Honour wrote:
> This month OXM reviews Crazy Taxi 3, Baldurs Gate:DA, Hitman 2, The
> Thing, Madden NFL 2003.
>
> Next month they reckon reviews of Colin McRae 3, Rocky, Timesplitters
> 2, Deathrow, Quantum Redshift, Morrowind (can't wait for this game)
> and others.
>
> It seems to me that our wait is over. After stunnig launch games,
> there wasn't much to shout about. But now I think it has begun. Autumn
> is here (nearly) and the big games are starting to be released now.
>
> LEt's just get the next few weeks out the way, and then we can play
> the sort of games that Xbox was designed for.
>
> Bring it on!

i hear that, so far if i buy an x box sorry will just dunno when. but when i do i want the following:

X Box with 1 controller (or 2 if cash streches) and a copy of halo

X box Live pack (should be avalible soon)

ok games:

Splitter cell
Buffy
MGS2 you know the errr x boxy one forget the full name D'oh
Dead or Alive 3
Steel batellion (spelt wrong but i aint got time for spelling)
Ghost recon
Counterstrike
JSRF

damn my brain isn't working as usual so i missed loads out no doubt sav will fill the blanks, would put halo 2 down but that's ages yet. i was trying to list games avalible by at least december.
Wed 11/09/02 at 11:30
Regular
It's September the month when all 3 consoles get their ar$es in gear and start releasing the good games. Look at the releases, this Friday we have Tekken 3 (PS2) Resident Evil (GC) Buffy the Vampire Slayer (XBOX) and they're just the main games. 3 most likely AAA Titles, he run up to Christmas is gonna be one hell of a good time for console owners, especially Xbox and GC owners cause PS2 smells of wee :D
Wed 11/09/02 at 11:39
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It's September the month when all 3 consoles get their ar$es in gear
> and start releasing the good games. Look at the releases, this Friday
> we have Tekken 3 (PS2) Resident Evil (GC) Buffy the Vampire Slayer
> (XBOX) and they're just the main games. 3 most likely AAA Titles, he
> run up to Christmas is gonna be one hell of a good time for console
> owners, especially Xbox and GC owners cause PS2 smells of wee :D

yeah well the GC smells of dogs mess, childish comments aside your right, this is when the games market starts moving again releasing better titles and it's when i start posting a little more yself cause i have something more to say than just GC sucks LOL.
Wed 11/09/02 at 16:39
Regular
Res shut up, Your getting on my nerves now. Although the GC is'nt my fave console, its still beats the PS2 by far....

Is this PS2 still around? Jeez.

Anyway Roll on November!
Wed 11/09/02 at 16:40
Regular
"accidental superher"
about time the good games came i'd say!!
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:00
Your Honour wrote:
> This month OXM reviews Crazy Taxi 3, Baldurs Gate:DA, Hitman 2, The
> Thing, Madden NFL 2003.
>
> Next month they reckon reviews of Colin McRae 3, Rocky, Timesplitters
> 2, Deathrow, Quantum Redshift, Morrowind (can't wait for this game)
> and others.
>
> It seems to me that our wait is over. After stunnig launch games,
> there wasn't much to shout about. But now I think it has begun. Autumn
> is here (nearly) and the big games are starting to be released now.

Depends on your taste of games.

I doubt I will buy any of those games. Ill buy Morrowind for the PC insteas of X-Box though (Only because you can make your own items, quests and so on).

Theres only a few games I am waiting for across any of the consoles

-MK5 (X-Box)
-Smackdown: SYM (PS2)
-Buffy (X-Box)
-Some X-Box live games (Dont know which yet)
-Project Ego (X-Box)
-Sonic Compilation (Gamecube)
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:55
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Yep autum is here and with brings some beauty of games. I mean in the issue there was not one but 2! Games put in to the elite catergary. Nfl 2003 will definatly be on my list it sounds amazing!! The one thing i dont understand is why donesn't a games maker bring a game out in summer? It would make sense as if you are only one of very few games coming out in the summer poeple will begin to get desperate and buy your game. If it is an amzing game it will seel more as people wont say well here is two amazing games and only have the money for one, what one shall i buy? They wouldn't face this if they brought out there game in summer, would they?

My games list is ever growing and i am trying to kep it to a bre minimum!!

TRansworld Snowboarding
RE
BC
Project Ego
Splinter Cell
Timesweeper
NHL 2003
Blinx
Moto GP

There is a few more buy i just cant think of them.
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:29
IT HAS BEGUN

*HE SAYS IN A SKY ONE ANNOUCER VOICE*
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:37
Regular
Yes, the games are finally riding into town - (on the back of a few donkeys it has to be said).

From now until Christmas I expect to be buying:

Crazy Taxi 3
Hitman 2
Blinx
Splinter Cell
Panzer Dragoon Orta
The Thing
Morrowind
Toejam & Earl

and a few others....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.