GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Looking good for the Cube!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/09/02 at 20:11
Regular
Well, Magazine sales anyway! I walked into WH SMiths today, and fount that, to my surprise, there were no Gamecube magazines at all. NGC, NOM, Cube, all had disappeared! GBA magazines, PS2 magazines and Xbox magazines were all there. Now, logic denotes that either (a) They have sold out. (b) WH Smiths don't stock them or (c) They have cleaned out the Gamecube section and are going to put new issues in.

So, I was quite intrigued by this, and walked up to the counter.

"Hi, do you have any Gamecube Magazines at all?"

And, to my delight, I got this:

"Well, not until next week, they've been selling like hotcakes! You had beter reserve a copy if you want to get it, as they sell out almost instantly."

"Ok, thanks."

I walked out of WH Smiths, pondering over the situation. Does this mean (a) More People have a Cube (b) More cube owners buy magazines now or (c) PS2 owners want cheap bonfire fuel.

I'm going to go with a......

:D
Wed 11/09/02 at 21:01
Regular
GSmaster wrote:
> Do any of you know when this months issue of NOM comes out? I got all
> the other mags but not NOM. I need to buy this months one so that I
> can just wait at my door step for the other NOM's since I have now
> registered for them.

I got it through the post and I havent seen anything about a new Rare game yet
Wed 11/09/02 at 20:04
"The Will of D."
Guess so, I hope (fingers crossed).
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:47
"For the horde!!!!"
does this mean the Gamecube is selling well then in the UK?
Wed 11/09/02 at 11:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
My local WHSmith is up Bristol Airport, just around the corner from where I live.

They never used to stock NGC or N64, but I now find it there everytime I go up there. But I thought the latest one was only released today??

They also have NOM and a load of others up there - a lot better than just GamesMaster (which I also like) like it was a year ago.
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah.......the heady heights of the N64 days.

Bliss. Except for South Park of course.
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:39
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I remember reading copies of NOM in my library lessons, we used to get big books and hide the mags inside them!

It was around the time that the South Park reviews were all getting 100%!!!
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:02
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> This month's NOM is supposed to reveal a new Rare game...

Yeah, it's called Rare punch more of their loyal fans in the face by being secretive about everything.
Tue 10/09/02 at 22:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Annoyingly, my newsagents only stocks about 2 copies of NOM, and none at all of NGC.

I have to go about 15miles if I want one! (Or to school, and then in a free period bug*er off, but hey(

:)
Tue 10/09/02 at 21:43
Regular
This month's NOM is supposed to reveal a new Rare game...
Tue 10/09/02 at 21:01
Where I live the gamecube mags are all over the shelves in Whsmiths so I get them anytime I want MUAUHAHA! And all the Ps2 mags have been bought...Much to my disgust. (:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.