GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"September the 11th: do the press think we are retarded"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/09/02 at 19:05
Regular
Well the press are so keen on rememberance and paying your respects and all that stuff. Then why do they keep making crappy programmes on it. Its called "september 11th" for goodness sake so we are not going to forget the date it happened on! And I don't really think to many of us will forget it in our lifetimes. So why make all the rubbish programmes on it, which tell us nothing new and are just cashing in on everyones interest in it. They claim they want to pay respect but in fact they are doing exactly the opposite by upsetting the relatives of the deceased. We know what happened, when it happened and the media circus and whole days TV schedule tommorow is quite frankly uneccessary and only really detracts from the rememberance.
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:05
Regular
Well the press are so keen on rememberance and paying your respects and all that stuff. Then why do they keep making crappy programmes on it. Its called "september 11th" for goodness sake so we are not going to forget the date it happened on! And I don't really think to many of us will forget it in our lifetimes. So why make all the rubbish programmes on it, which tell us nothing new and are just cashing in on everyones interest in it. They claim they want to pay respect but in fact they are doing exactly the opposite by upsetting the relatives of the deceased. We know what happened, when it happened and the media circus and whole days TV schedule tommorow is quite frankly uneccessary and only really detracts from the rememberance.
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
Ashley wrote:
> Well the press are so keen on rememberance and paying your respects
> and all that stuff. Then why do they keep making crappy programmes on
> it. Its called "september 11th" for goodness sake so we are
> not going to forget the date it happened on! And I don't really think
> to many of us will forget it in our lifetimes. So why make all the
> rubbish programmes on it, which tell us nothing new and are just
> cashing in on everyones interest in it. They claim they want to pay
> respect but in fact they are doing exactly the opposite by upsetting
> the relatives of the deceased. We know what happened, when it happened
> and the media circus and whole days TV schedule tommorow is quite
> frankly uneccessary and only really detracts from the rememberance.

That is true, so very true.
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:11
Regular
yes it is, but there is no need to quote the whole thing!
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:14
Regular
I have to agree, this is overkill. I was bored of hearing about it two weeks after it happened. It's not that I don't think there should be a rememberance ceremony the year after it happened, but they had about 20 remeberance ceremonies within the month it happened, and we never stop hearing about it since.
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:17
Regular
its not just being bored of it the americans have my total sympathy but the press is just overkilling it and trying to sound respectful when they are being so shallow.
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:17
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I totally agree there is no need in making all these sh!tty shows I mean it is like the day JFK was shot. Every one remembers were they were that day and no one will forget it. I wont be watching them because I can think of better things to do than bring back horrible memories and watch them in slow motion. I think they should make one truly serious show on tv dedicated to rememberance one that isn't just made for ratings and lets face it that's all they're for.
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:33
Regular
"i am fubby"
yeah i get your point, do they think we have the memories of goldfish or something...i just don't see the point of bringing back memories that people just want to put behind them in the past
Tue 10/09/02 at 23:11
Regular
I doubt there has been a day since when any paper hasn't mentioned it and repeated the same things again and again

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.