GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fantastic PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/11/00 at 15:20
Regular
Got my PS2 this morning with FIFA 2001 and Time Splitters, and I have to say that the PS2 is fantastic. I thought that there would be not much in it between the PS2 and DC, but there is! The graphics are crisp and the speed is unreal. Also I have not experienced any slow down at all and the DVD playback is quite good, it played the matrix well unlike some stand alone DVD players. So if anyone is thinking of getting one (when they are freely available) then you should it is FANTASTIC.
Sun 26/11/00 at 15:41
Regular
How come you all got Timesplitters with your PS2 I ordered mine when I ordered my dual shock 2 and I havent recieved it yet even tho it was on 1st class. I got all the other stuff (8mb card, TTT, RR5 and Dual shock 2 but no Timesplitters).Hopefully i'll get it tommorow.
Sun 26/11/00 at 14:58
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
PuLsEd OuT is right, you can't judge a machine on paper. And the PS2 loading times seems quite varied, Timesplitters can take ages, but Ready 2 Rumble 2 is pretty fast. Also, I have have experienced a little bit of slowdown on Timesplitters, when doing split screen and littering the place with plasma effects from a raygun carbine and scifi autofire - This is definately not a gripe about the PS2, it's great that it can keep up the split screen matches with bots too, with barely noticeable slowdown when the screen is filled with processor intensive effects
Sat 25/11/00 at 15:16
conker2k wrote:
> as fast as it is,it is still slower than the 405MHZ Gamecube with
> 256kb 2nd level cache..PS2 is only 300MHZ with 16kb 2nd level
> cache..but still PS2 is a good console(not as good as Gamecube
> though)...

Even though you are right about the mhz, you have no idea how good the game cube is so. ummm, shut up. P.S DVD gigabytes? wooo thas alot.
Sat 25/11/00 at 10:15
Regular
"Whatever!"
Got mine yesterday!!! The best thing I have ever spent money on. I wont be here for a while going to play SSX!!! See ya!!
Sat 25/11/00 at 01:42
as fast as it is,it is still slower than the 405MHZ Gamecube with 256kb 2nd level cache..PS2 is only 300MHZ with 16kb 2nd level cache..but still PS2 is a good console(not as good as Gamecube though)...
Sat 25/11/00 at 01:29
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
The PS2 games do have to load, but it is faster than the PSX. The PSX games load a lot faster on it though
Fri 24/11/00 at 16:35
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I'm happy for you that you got your PS2!
With the PSX the games took time loading up, is this the same with the Ps2 or is it INSTANT loading?
Fri 24/11/00 at 15:20
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Got my PS2 this morning with FIFA 2001 and Time Splitters, and I have to say that the PS2 is fantastic. I thought that there would be not much in it between the PS2 and DC, but there is! The graphics are crisp and the speed is unreal. Also I have not experienced any slow down at all and the DVD playback is quite good, it played the matrix well unlike some stand alone DVD players. So if anyone is thinking of getting one (when they are freely available) then you should it is FANTASTIC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.