GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown.vs.raw 2006..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006'.
Fri 11/11/05 at 19:23
Regular
"youngest regular"
My brother got it today.
Fairly good....still to get a try of it though.
Any views?
Sun 13/11/05 at 15:59
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Yeah it's a lot better than just button bashing like previous wrestling games.
Sun 13/11/05 at 15:29
Regular
What I am really looking forward to now though, is the fact that finishers aren't a set standard of power, it depends on timing and momentum, which should make the game much more realistic.

The endurance factor should also make Iron Man matches fun too. I can imagine it now, Angle vs Michaels, Iron Man, Yay!
Sun 13/11/05 at 12:16
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The season mode could be so much better. You're basically taken along the same path, OK you get to choose a few things like if you want to tag with someone or not but apart from that it pretty boring.

I tend to just set up my own character and create one off matches like 6 man hell in a cell etc.
Sun 13/11/05 at 11:24
Regular
Its been recieving pretty good reviews so far, claming its 'The best Smackdown yet' but the season mode is more or less the same.
Sun 13/11/05 at 10:22
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I was going to start a thread about this but i wasnt sure if people (except ones from the WWE Forum) would be interested.

I have ordered the game, looking forward to getting it, a shame some of the roster is outdated already but thats always the way! Just hope it doesnt have repetitive season mode again
Sat 12/11/05 at 15:44
Regular
"youngest regular"
The first one I got was smackdown 2.
My brother creted a really fat character before I played it,and called it my name.:(
Sat 12/11/05 at 15:38
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I had the first two on the PS1, they were pretty good games. I bought "Just Bring It" when it came out back in 2001 and was hugely disappointed. Visually, it was hardly any better than its predecessors and considering the PS2's extra power, I thought it was pathetic.

I rented "Shut Your Mouth" and it was just dull. Never found a game so boring in my whole life. Haven't touched the series since.
Sat 12/11/05 at 15:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm waiting for my GAD copy to be delivered, the last one I have is "Shut Your Mouth" and as far as I'm aware it's been changes quite a bit since then so hopefully i'll enjoy it.
Sat 12/11/05 at 11:10
Regular
"youngest regular"
Yeah,thats a bad glitch,the way they just glide.
They have a new stamina thing.
It's alot more realistic,ain't it?
Fri 11/11/05 at 21:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
From first glance, it seems decent enough. I still think there is a long way to go before I'd consider the series a must buy but I think there is enough to see some encouraging signs for the future.

The next gen version will be the key game in the series I think.

My main gripe is the story mode I think. I don't think it's particularly replayable after you unlock everything. It really needs a more open story mode.

EDIT: One thing I thought was funny was the way the wrestlers run sometimes. Occasionally, they don't move their legs and just glide.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.