GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of gaming is bleak, due to the evil 'SONY'"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/11/00 at 12:34
Regular
since sony released its first playstation, all that has come of it are many many sequels and clones. I admit there have been the odd good game from the PS, i.e. final fantasy and metal gear solid. But even those are clones of other games (metal ger solid, from PC game Thief). The PS2 has a load of sequels and clones, except one. A FIREWORKS SIMULATION!!!!!! which looks a bit rubbish if you ask me.
Anyway, does anyone agree with my opinion. Reply if u do or don't
Sun 26/11/00 at 18:58
Regular
But if they get one, I'm not going to stop them.

Hey, I wouldn't be allowed to play on it if I p***ed them off. :)
Sun 26/11/00 at 18:56
Regular
I don't really like the PS1 or PS2. I try and discourage people to not get a PS2 yet, but wait for the GC and X-Box.
Sun 26/11/00 at 17:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
Biggest Point: PC's have no where near as many games, and no where near as many top quality games, and PC's also do a load of different stuff. What console do you have??? An N64??? Do you think I'm a Sony zealot??? You appear to be a bit biased towards your choice. Maybe it 'cos Sony are "evil" {:)
Sun 26/11/00 at 16:12
PC's come to the shelves with an extra 100mhz faster than you can blink.

Does this make them better than the average console? i'd say no, makes you question whether or not consoles are built with lastability in mind, or just wringing the market for as long as they can....or could it be that consoles are so confident with their own power and handling of the modern game that they do not need to cpme out so quickly.
Sun 26/11/00 at 16:06
Regular
If you have a PC, then the PS2 isn't worth buying?

Perhaps not. But the PS2 is a bit more multiplayer friendly when it comes to drunken friends.

By the way, I'm not getting one. But my friend yesterday, who happened to be drunk at the time :), told me he was getting one.
Sun 26/11/00 at 16:04
RIGHT THATS IT.....i like the PS2, but i hate you PS2 zealots. Anyhow the PS2 sux in comparison to the PC. It is impossible to say anything more, coz it is the truth. Give me an arguement, except 'OOOHHH the PC is expensive'
Sat 25/11/00 at 21:30
Often the sequels can be a brilliant game in their own right ( metal gear solid, FF7, Resident Evil 2, the list goes on kon artis.)
Sat 25/11/00 at 21:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
You appear to not know what you're talking about. There is nothing wrong with sequels. The ODD GOOD GAME??!?!?! I could make a list of great games for the PSX. Also, don't diss if you know you're biased.
Sat 25/11/00 at 13:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think what your alltrying to say is that a sequel which has moved from another format is a great success, but if it is a sequel froma game which was made two years ago on the same formet then it's a flop, and the only reason it sells is because of the success of it's predesessor.
Sat 25/11/00 at 11:29
rarely do the sequels actually turn out to be an improvement on the PS (i.e. Fifa), and the ideas are already taken. Also, if PS didn't come into the world, then the PC would remain the most successful, as all the PS game ideas actually come from PC games. I admit i am biased to the cause of the PC, but it is a fact, and it remains so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.