GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Collection is Complete"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/09/02 at 22:37
Regular
Finally...

My collection is complete.

I went out and bought an Xbox today, and must say i'm very impressed thus far. I'm now lucky to have all three next-gen consoles, and all are very good in their own individual ways.

I was never exactly against the Xbox, just not ready to part with ANOTHER £300. However, seeing as the price is now at £160, it's a very tempting offer, and I by trading in lots of my old PS1 games and some PS2 games i've now completed, I managed to get the Xbox with Halo and Oddworld, two control pads, and the DVD kit for £80.

AWESOME DEAL!

The Xbox is a nice piece of kit, and i'm really thankful I now have the opportunity to play ALL the best games on ALL the next-gen consoles.
Thu 12/09/02 at 00:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Broadband is gradually coming down in my price. Soon you shouldn't have too much problem being able to pay out for it. :-)
Wed 11/09/02 at 23:42
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Cheers for that info, it certainly sounds interesting.

A year's subscription, plus a headset, plus a game, for the price of one game? Sounds good to me.

Only problem now is not having a broadband connection. Hopefully prices will drop a little by the time online gaming really kicks in, because it'd be wise business sense to make broadband more accessible to the hundreds of thousands of people who will want to be playing online games.
Wed 11/09/02 at 23:29
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
We should know the price of X-Box Live in a couple of weeks ADH. The prices elsewhere have been very good so far - basically the price of a game for a years subscription. As part of this package, you also get the headset to talk online with other players as well as a free game to play.
Japan are getting Phantasy Star Online while the U.S get Revolt.

As for the games coming with online play, theres some excellent titles.
Heres a few...

Mech Assault
Unreal Championship
Midtown Madness 3
Project Gothem Racing 2
Halo 2
Lamborghini
Whacked
Counter Strike
Ghost Recon
Rolling
Phantasy Star Online
NFL Fever 2003
Star Wars: Galaxies

At the moment there are 60 companies working on online games for X-Box.
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:17
Ebay is a corker of a site to "fish around" on it I got a unopened dvd remote for £15
Tue 10/09/02 at 23:54
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Well, it's definately something i'd consider, but again, it'll come down the price and quality of titles available. I might not get it immediately, but it is something i'll look closely at, because i'd LOVE to be able to play online games.

Saying that though, i'll be looking at the online plans of all three consoles.
Tue 10/09/02 at 23:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Are you going to get X-Box Live when it arrives ? Theres some excellent titles on the way that will be playable online. And with a profile keeping track of your performance, it'll always be great to add some wins to it and see how you compare with other players on your favourite games. ;-)
Tue 10/09/02 at 23:36
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
QUICK HINT - money isn't NECESSARILY the answer.

A few people have said to me "your so lucky" or "you must be 'loaded'", and although 'yes, I am lucky', i'm most certainly not 'loaded'.

My best advice to anyone after another games console would be to trade in on your old purchases. As I said, I couldn't possibly afford another £160+ (it'd be more like £200 time I bought a game with it), and so found that trading in old games is a superb way to cut the price down.

All I got rid of was;

Legends of Wrestling (PS2) - Good game, but not quite my cup of tea, and one I could certainly do without.

Ico (PS2) - A game I won from this very site, which i'd completed twice over and was unlikely to play much again.

Super Smash Brothers (NGC) - Primarily a multiplayer game, and my two closest friends (the guys i'd likely play it with) have it themselves, so whichever mates I happen to be with, there'll ALWAYS be a copy of it!

Super Monkey Ball (NGC) - ditto. A multiplayer game more than anything, and most of my mates have it. PLUS, there's a new one out very shortly, so it's good to cash in now and get £20 trade-in value, compared to what it would have gone down to when the new one's out.

and around 5 PS1 games (Croc, Fifa 99, and one or two other similarly old games).

Now, that's not a particularly big sacrifice in my books, and for that I got an Xbox, Halo, Oddworld, two controllers, and the DVD kit.

Seriously, fish around and see what you can find that you don't really want, and trade it in for some really good deals. And, above all else, be brutal. I could really have said, "oh, but Super Smash Brothers is a classic, I can't get rid of that", but took the plunge and decided playing it with my friends was enough for me.

At the end of the day, that's a small sacrifice to be able to play the likes of Halo, Oddworld, Project Gotham, Hunter, etc.

Also, having an Xbox will probably save me money too. Recently i've been quite bored with the games I had on my two other consoles, and have been waiting for a new challenge. So, I went out and bought three PS2 games just to try and find something that would keep me occupied for a while.

Now, that's over a hundred quid wasted because the games are nothing more than average. Now I have an Xbox, chances are that won't happen. There will ALWAYS be something spectacular, worth spending £40 on rather than buying multiple AVERAGE games.

Maybe not the most logical way of thinking, but that's certainly what I think.
Tue 10/09/02 at 21:06
why not???

I want the power of all 3
Tue 10/09/02 at 20:56
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Silent85 wrote:
> I might get a gamecube to complete my collection and get about 2 xbox
> games and resident evil

DON'T YOU DARE!!!
Tue 10/09/02 at 20:48
I might get a gamecube to complete my collection and get about 2 xbox games and resident evil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.