GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Was Ninja Gaiden Ever Censored For UK?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ninja Gaiden'.
Sat 12/11/05 at 22:23
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Not much of a topic I know, and I know I'm late buying this game, but was there ever a cut done to the UK version? One report I found on google said all the other reports about it being censored were incorrect (but this was a pre-release article).
Sun 13/11/05 at 01:42
Regular
Cycloon wrote:

> SUCH an awesome awesome game, just wish they could have made an
> easier mode available -

The have done for Gaiden Black.

You start off choosing the medium difficulty and then if you repeatedly die they give you the option of playing on *special needs mode, which is apparently a hell of a lot easier.

*not actually called special needs mode, though it might as well be
Sun 13/11/05 at 00:28
Regular
"8==="
I've been told there's a specific way of doings things that makes it easily do-able.

I want to get this a somepoint but I don't like boss battles very much so I'll wait for it to be very cheap first.

Until then if I feel like gnashing my teeth at a game's difficulty I've got Enclave and a few others (Breakdown arg!)
Sun 13/11/05 at 00:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
70% more content of which you will only ever see 30%, and that's after nearly killing yourself with the effort.

SUCH an awesome awesome game, just wish they could have made an easier mode available - I mean, carry on making it harder etc, but please, let me see the game without crying. Nearly killed myself getting through it.
Sun 13/11/05 at 00:08
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
70% more content!?

Christ, and I thought it was just harder..
Sun 13/11/05 at 00:06
Regular
"8==="
I read it in a magazine so in all fairness it could be lies.

Hope not though.

They also said the Black edition has 70% new content.
Sat 12/11/05 at 23:52
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Excellent. I hope you're correct about the Black edition.
Sat 12/11/05 at 22:29
Regular
"8==="
Apparently they took out the decapitations.

Apparently they're back in for the expanded Black edition.
Sat 12/11/05 at 22:23
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Not much of a topic I know, and I know I'm late buying this game, but was there ever a cut done to the UK version? One report I found on google said all the other reports about it being censored were incorrect (but this was a pre-release article).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.