GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Travel"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/09/02 at 20:05
Regular
I'm sitting on my bed playing a rather engulfing game of GT3 on my PS2 when all of a sudden there is a rather big and bright flash. When I can finally see, I notice that I am in the game, driving the Astra Touring Car. I take a look at the backround, noticing that the graphics are just the same as if I was looking at the TV. Rather amazed, I looked forward, and noticed that the car was heading for a wall, so I sharply turned, not really sure what I am doing. Once I have got over what has happened, I start to get really into the driving. As a kid, I always wondered what it might be like to be in the games that I play, and now it has happened.

I carry on driving and quite an herendous speed, when I all of a sudden lose control of the car, and go spinning off the track. I am just about to hit the wall, and I put my hands in front of my face. When I move them, I find myself back in my bedroom, on my bed, with the controller in my hand, looking at my TV with GT3 on it, with the Astra, lifeless next to a wall. I suddenly realise that I must have been daydreaming. I turn off the PS2, and head towards my door. I open the door and walk through. As I walk through, there is another bright flash, and I then find myself with a Minigun, in what looks like the levels of Doom. I looked at myself, and I had all of the original characters gear on. While completely enthralled in the graphics of the games, trying to come to terms with what the hell is going on, when I turn round and see a big pink thing coming towards me. Without a second thought, I unload bullets into the hidious monster thing. He turns into a blood. I then hear screams in the background. I cacked my pants (if I was really wearing them). I turned around and started to run for the corner. I tried to dive around and shoot at whatever monster was awaiting me. But I couldn't dive. I then realised that because I was in the game of Doom, I could only do what the character in the game could.

I had a crack at diving again, and as I did so, there was another bright flash. I thought to myself "oh, not again". And as I was thinking that, the light disappeared, and I found myself diving to the left, with two Desert Eagles in my hands, unloading some bullets into two blokes standing in front me in a Subway. As I got up, I realised that I was now in Max Payne. At this point I was actually starting to enjoy myself. I ran down the subway corridor, when I heard a bloke shouting out for someone around the corner. Remembering what happened next, I took another dive aroung the corner. I took loads of shots, but missed him every time. I got up, and looked at the bloke behing the railings. I raised my guns to fire, but it was too late, he took one shot, and hit me right in the forehead.

At this point, I come back to reality, and find myself sitting in front of my PC, playing Max Payne, with my character lying dead in front of the bloike behind the railings.
A little shaken, I turned of my PC, and went up for a shower try and wake me up. Boy what a day.

Ok, so this may be a bit farfetched, and I know that this has and probably will never happen. But, I have played games that do feel real in some way, or you sometimes feel that your actually there. And now that consoles are now becoming more advanced and powerful, this could be more so.
I just hope that games continue to get better and better in this respect, and that more games become available where you actually feel as though you are there.
Tue 10/09/02 at 18:33
Regular
Good Post as you said a little Farfetched but still very good for your first day hope to see more quality posts like this from you.
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:11
Regular
Bam Magera wrote:
>is a rather big and bright flash. When I
>can finally see, I notice that I am in the game, >

>and I put my hands in front of my face.
> When I move them, I find myself back in my bedroom, on my bed, with
> the controller in my hand, looking at my TV with GT3 on it, with the
> Astra, lifeless next to a wall.

>there is another bright
> flash, and I then find myself with a Minigun, in what looks like the
> levels of Doom. I looked at myself, and I had all of the original
> characters gear on.

> I had a crack at diving again, and as I did so, there was another
> bright flash. I thought to myself "oh, not again". And as I
> was thinking that, the light disappeared, and I found myself diving to
> the left, with two Desert Eagles in my hands, unloading some bullets
> into two blokes standing in front me in a Subway.

I think you should see a doctor...

Don't you love the way these internet names have become so original?

did you know I'm the rela Jack White? No, really.
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:05
Regular
"MIIB"
I'm sitting on my bed playing a rather engulfing game of GT3 on my PS2 when all of a sudden there is a rather big and bright flash. When I can finally see, I notice that I am in the game, driving the Astra Touring Car. I take a look at the backround, noticing that the graphics are just the same as if I was looking at the TV. Rather amazed, I looked forward, and noticed that the car was heading for a wall, so I sharply turned, not really sure what I am doing. Once I have got over what has happened, I start to get really into the driving. As a kid, I always wondered what it might be like to be in the games that I play, and now it has happened.

I carry on driving and quite an herendous speed, when I all of a sudden lose control of the car, and go spinning off the track. I am just about to hit the wall, and I put my hands in front of my face. When I move them, I find myself back in my bedroom, on my bed, with the controller in my hand, looking at my TV with GT3 on it, with the Astra, lifeless next to a wall. I suddenly realise that I must have been daydreaming. I turn off the PS2, and head towards my door. I open the door and walk through. As I walk through, there is another bright flash, and I then find myself with a Minigun, in what looks like the levels of Doom. I looked at myself, and I had all of the original characters gear on. While completely enthralled in the graphics of the games, trying to come to terms with what the hell is going on, when I turn round and see a big pink thing coming towards me. Without a second thought, I unload bullets into the hidious monster thing. He turns into a blood. I then hear screams in the background. I cacked my pants (if I was really wearing them). I turned around and started to run for the corner. I tried to dive around and shoot at whatever monster was awaiting me. But I couldn't dive. I then realised that because I was in the game of Doom, I could only do what the character in the game could.

I had a crack at diving again, and as I did so, there was another bright flash. I thought to myself "oh, not again". And as I was thinking that, the light disappeared, and I found myself diving to the left, with two Desert Eagles in my hands, unloading some bullets into two blokes standing in front me in a Subway. As I got up, I realised that I was now in Max Payne. At this point I was actually starting to enjoy myself. I ran down the subway corridor, when I heard a bloke shouting out for someone around the corner. Remembering what happened next, I took another dive aroung the corner. I took loads of shots, but missed him every time. I got up, and looked at the bloke behing the railings. I raised my guns to fire, but it was too late, he took one shot, and hit me right in the forehead.

At this point, I come back to reality, and find myself sitting in front of my PC, playing Max Payne, with my character lying dead in front of the bloike behind the railings.
A little shaken, I turned of my PC, and went up for a shower try and wake me up. Boy what a day.

Ok, so this may be a bit farfetched, and I know that this has and probably will never happen. But, I have played games that do feel real in some way, or you sometimes feel that your actually there. And now that consoles are now becoming more advanced and powerful, this could be more so.
I just hope that games continue to get better and better in this respect, and that more games become available where you actually feel as though you are there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.