GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My funniest PC experience"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/09/02 at 19:17
Regular
This is a story which many of us will feel at home with, know incompetent PC technicians.

Anyway it goes back a few years. The situation was this 18 year old chinese guy at my schools graphics card mucked up and so he went a long to the local pc shop and gave it to them to sort out. Anyway the next day he got a phone call saying "sorry to tell you your hard disk is broken" so he immediately went to the the store and demanded they replaced it or sorted it out. But they decided to be awkward and say "sorry mate its not our problem" and picked on him as he was about 5'5. Any way he was seriously annoyed and so stormed straight back to school and went to get help......In the form of a Black, 6 foot 6, rugby number 8, built like a brickshitehouse sixth former. This is no exaggeration at 18 years old he was probably the best built person i've seen and worked weekends as a bouncer! So they went back to this crappy little PC shop and The Big guy went crazy shouting "i hear there is a problem with my computer, sort it out now" these two blokes in the shop nearly crapped themselves and comically just buckled and gave him a better hard disk than he had, and guess whose computer was nicely finished an hour later!

The moral of the story, you need something done at one of those rip off merchants....scare the crap out of them!
Sat 14/09/02 at 12:47
Regular
hmmmmmm maybe i should try different CPU settings..... doh blank screen...... have to press delete at startup to go to default settings :p
Sat 14/09/02 at 10:08
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
This made me laugh, just don't ask why:

I was in an IT lesson. It was a few minutes until the bell at about 10:57. My teacher says, "Save your work and log off" so that we could get out on time. Everyone does as he says, then, the person next to me is sitting there, staring at the screen, looking baffled, with Microsoft Word on the screen. He then turns to me and says, "How the hell do you save?"

MWAHAAHA!
Thu 12/09/02 at 21:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Doign things for people is useless they need to be *shown how*.
Thu 12/09/02 at 10:21
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
Darkus wrote:
> Turbonutter wrote:
> I'm still trying to get a job in PC World, t'will be the funniest
> thing ever.
>
> However, I don't think they like applicants that actually know
> something about computers ;-)
>
> lol. I hate PC World too. Still remember when they tried to charge me
> £110 for 32mb ram, when everyone else in the world was selling
> it for £35...

PC world byte :) there so over priced on stuff, they were gonna carge my great uncle £180 to put a new HDD in and reinstall windows plus upgrade his Ram. and he already had the parts.

luckly he went to my cousin Lee who charged him £20 and showed him how to use XP and the rest of the software he had.
Wed 11/09/02 at 09:26
Regular
"..."
Turbonutter wrote:
> I'm still trying to get a job in PC World, t'will be the funniest
> thing ever.
>
> However, I don't think they like applicants that actually know
> something about computers ;-)

lol. I hate PC World too. Still remember when they tried to charge me £110 for 32mb ram, when everyone else in the world was selling it for £35...
Wed 11/09/02 at 07:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Just remember: The customer is always right, your job is merely to make them believe they must buy as much hardware as possible.
Wed 11/09/02 at 00:15
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Good job I read that then...
I remeber the first time you told me about you working there...must have misread that too :s
I guess the discounts ease the pain of loosing your Saturdays...

well, hope it goes well for you.
Tue 10/09/02 at 23:12
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Well, seeing as I don't start for another 4 days, not bad so far, heh..Meh, don't want to lose my Saturdays, but I need the money, like I have anything worthwhile to do on them anyway..

Just finished essay on my work experience there, that was ok, but I got kept in the back fixing boxen for most of the time then...now I actually have to deal with customers. "Aaagh".
Tue 10/09/02 at 21:43
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Ashley wrote:

> errr. they were trying to rip him off. and got what they deserved!!!
>
> They broke his hard disk!

ah, you didn't say that...guess thats ok then, although was the hdd on warranty? the company that built my PC gave usa faulty mobo, they didn't know it was but they shipped 19 of them out, only probablem was it took 2 boots after you installed something which was annoying, anyway they took it back and wiped our hdd in the process and said it would cost £900 to get everything recovered (it had my dad's family history and some other crap on it) we didn't pay or give them a shout at but they gave us a SCSI hdd back, which was nice, and a Raid mobo, they over charged us first time over anyway.

+ Reaper, hows your job going?
Tue 10/09/02 at 18:45
Regular
Fog wrote:

>
> Also, i don't think it's right to intemidate people into giving you
> stuff, it's their shop, they can do what they want, nice that you got
> a good upgrade though.

errr. they were trying to rip him off. and got what they deserved!!!

They broke his hard disk!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.