GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hostile Waters"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/09/02 at 19:03
Regular
HURRAH!

A 3-d take on one of my all time favourites - Carrier Command!

Does anybody else have it, who can reccmomend it?
Sat 26/10/02 at 00:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> A 3-d take on one of my all time favourites - Carrier Command!
>
> Err... wasn't Carrier Command 3D anyway?
>
> We are talking about the Amiga game from Argonaut, aren't we?

Ya ya.

But a proper 3-D game.

YAY! It ruled/s dosen't/didn't it!
Wed 02/10/02 at 12:51
"High polygon count"
Heh... would you believe it?!

I'm going through my old compute stuff to sell on eBay. I still have my old Amiga 500+, and while going through the games, what shold I come across but... Carrier Command!

And I didn't realise, but it was distributed by Tony's old company - Rainbird! :-)

The back of the box reads:

"Strike! Attack!

From the depths of the ocean, vast energies force molten lava to the surface, leaving volcanic islands to cool in the steaming waters. This new land offers a rich supply of elements and materials exhausted elsewhere on the planet and vital to continued life. It is no surprise to learn that a foreign power is attempting to occupy the islands and grab the resources for themselves.

Now take command of the latest multi-role assault carrier - let battle commence...

Fly high-speed strikes against enemy forces - Pilot amphibious tanks into combat - Customise your tanks and planes - Choose from a massive variety of weapons from the carrier stores - Zoom in on your maps to plan the campaign - Spy on the supply lines of the enemy - Defend the carrier against relentless attack

Carrier Command - the game of a lifetime"

Ahh, the memories...
Wed 02/10/02 at 12:42
Carrier Command, what a classic. Using the walruses to invade the NME islands and infecting the command centres with take over virus. Mant's to keep the skies clear all while trying to avoid until the final showdown with the NME carrier. Although I played it a long time back on an Old IBM 8086 when it came on a 5.25 Floppy disk and a RGB monitor that gave me pink, lilac and odd colour greens. Brilliant game.

Hostile Waters just whacks it up into the updated 3d arena with better vehcles, airborn units and definatly graphics. Played the demo and loved it, but held back on getting it at full release. Definatly one that I'm going to add to my collection though.
Tue 24/09/02 at 22:06
"High polygon count"
Cyclone wrote:
> A 3-d take on one of my all time favourites - Carrier Command!

Err... wasn't Carrier Command 3D anyway?

We are talking about the Amiga game from Argonaut, aren't we?
Tue 17/09/02 at 12:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've heard of carrier command, but I don't think I've ever played it. Tried a demo of hostile waters though, and from the reveiws I've read of the game, it's supposed to be the modern day equivilant of carrier command.
Sun 15/09/02 at 21:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Excellent. Budget eh? Cool.....

Did anyone ever play Carrier Command?
Fri 13/09/02 at 19:18
"Hack The Planet!!!!"
GET IT!!!!!

i played a demo and loved it.
when the carrier is up and running use the soul catcher chips so you don't have to control all the units at once. also the radio banter between the pilots is cool and will make you laugh
Tue 10/09/02 at 14:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Another game I've still to get.

I played a demo a while back, and it was bloody fun, a kind of stratagy game with action elements thrown it. For example, collect resources and put them in your carrier to make new vehicles, tanks, helicopters ect.. Then you could take control of the vehicles at will, or just order them to go somewhere without getting knee deep in fighting yourself.

Good game, it's on budget now so thats even more incentive to buy it.
Mon 09/09/02 at 19:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
HURRAH!

A 3-d take on one of my all time favourites - Carrier Command!

Does anybody else have it, who can reccmomend it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.