GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate Paul Ross"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/09/02 at 15:09
Regular
Yes, Jonathan Ross's fatter brother, the so-called film critic who writes for so-called newspaper The News Of The World. You see, Paul Ross is an egotistical moron, and is responsible for half the quotes you see on posters for really terrible movies.

Example on poster for The Scorpion King: "The Scorpion King is the greatest action-adventure movie of all time - Paul Ross"

Reality: "The Scorpion King sucks donkey, and how."

Another, more recent example is for the dire chick flick, The Sweetest Thing. While not actually having seen it myself (I'm no lady), I've been informed by many reliable and respected sources that it's godawful, and I've no reason not to believe them. Paul's quote on the poster?

"The funniest film of all time - Paul Ross"

I kid you not. Methinks someone's getting sick of big brother getting all the limelight, and likes seeing his name in lights.

I hope he falls down a big flight of stairs.
Wed 11/09/02 at 20:18
Regular
Okaaay.

Anyway, talking of stupid over praising quotes, can anyone think of any others? I have one...

Batman - 'Movie of the Decade'
Mon 09/09/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Paul Ross is really Michael Jackson wearing loads of Make-Up to hide that fact.
Mon 09/09/02 at 18:00
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
He just thinks he's in a rollercoaster, because people keep kicking his seat.
Mon 09/09/02 at 17:50
Regular
"not dead"
And just how many "A rollercoaster ride of a.." movies has he seen?
Mon 09/09/02 at 16:53
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Nah, he actually means it. But I like it when you see adverts for games like that.

"Joe Blogg's Olympics has... great... graphics... and is... awesome"
Mon 09/09/02 at 16:29
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
The poster quotes are so weird.

I reckon they just go through a review and find words to form into a quote, but leave the dots out.

If I can demonstrate:
"The Scorpion King is the biggest pile of turgid wankstain I have ever seen. Sure the Rock might think he's the greatest man ever to have lived, especially given his love of talking about himself in the third person, but he's almost as bad as the film itself. If i want to go and see an action-adventure movie I'll get me an Indiana Jones film. This, "The Scorpion King" would be the top of a different list entitled "my worst film of all time"- Paul Ross"

Becomes:
"The Scorpion King is... the greatest... action-adventure movie... of all time" - Paul Ross"
Mon 09/09/02 at 15:28
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Great song too.
Mon 09/09/02 at 15:26
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Ha ha, jizzlobber - surprised that one got through. So it's okay for me to use it.
Mon 09/09/02 at 15:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Fattest Pie-Faced Jizzlobber of all time - Paul Ross.
Mon 09/09/02 at 15:09
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yes, Jonathan Ross's fatter brother, the so-called film critic who writes for so-called newspaper The News Of The World. You see, Paul Ross is an egotistical moron, and is responsible for half the quotes you see on posters for really terrible movies.

Example on poster for The Scorpion King: "The Scorpion King is the greatest action-adventure movie of all time - Paul Ross"

Reality: "The Scorpion King sucks donkey, and how."

Another, more recent example is for the dire chick flick, The Sweetest Thing. While not actually having seen it myself (I'm no lady), I've been informed by many reliable and respected sources that it's godawful, and I've no reason not to believe them. Paul's quote on the poster?

"The funniest film of all time - Paul Ross"

I kid you not. Methinks someone's getting sick of big brother getting all the limelight, and likes seeing his name in lights.

I hope he falls down a big flight of stairs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.