GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I bought a Dreamcast"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/09/02 at 10:06
Regular
I bought a Dreamcast on my hols. I got:

Skies of Arcadia
Shenmue
Shenmue 2
Sonic Adventure

So what other games should I buy?

I was thinking of getting Sonic Adventure 2 if I can find it, and possibley Nomad Soul and Jet Set Radio.

btw I have started Skies of Arcadia and it seems realy good so far....

Ros
Thu 12/09/02 at 20:09
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> The same Taxi rides over and over and over, they could
> have at least made people want to go to random destinations. And what
> happened to the 'Crazy' stuff anyway? I was expcting to be able to get
> on to the roof tops and fly over the street below, never happened
> though.

Err, all this happened in Crazy Taxi 2.
Thu 12/09/02 at 17:57
Dreamcast = utter s****
so........
d=us200
Thu 12/09/02 at 11:06
Regular
"Remember me?"
The Crazy Taxi games could've been better, but to be honest I'm not bothered. They're great for quick 10 minute plays before you need to catch a bus or catch your dinner. In all honesty, if they were "improved" upon and whatever then I don't think they'd have played in "true" Crazy Taxi fashion.
Mon 09/09/02 at 21:00
Regular
pb wrote:
> Firstly, good choice. Secondly, get MSR, Jet Set Radio and...oh, you
> may as well get Crazy Taxi anyway, you could probably find it for
> £5 now anyway, and it's well worth getting at that price.
>
> Don't listen to the non-arcade loving heathens, they only like games
> that you can get to the end of, rather than replay a zillion times.

Oh I don't like Crazy Taxi, I must hate all arcade games. Whats your problem? Maybe it's just that I think Crazy Taxi is a rubbish game? It wasn't worth porting to consoles, I mean, two cities, which aren't even that big? The same Taxi rides over and over and over, they could have at least made people want to go to random destinations. And what happened to the 'Crazy' stuff anyway? I was expcting to be able to get on to the roof tops and fly over the street below, never happened though. The craziest thing you could do was drive fast into somebody else, or underwater, which was exactly the same as driving on land.

When it comes down to it, SEGA couldn't be a*sed to put any effort into it as a console game.
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You are missing MDK2, Sydney 2000, Uefa Striker, Virtua Tennis 2,Chu Chu Rocket, Other games I will tell you about when I look at my own collection.
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I've got Crazy Taxi already on the PS2. I don't play it very much.
here is my new wish list:

Grandia 2
Silver
MSR
Jet Set Radio
Sonic Adventure 2
Nomad Soul
Fighting Vipers 2 (the original kicked butt!)
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
In Dixons and Currys and the like, they sell DC games for around 98p.
Alternatively you could buy from our good friends at SR.
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:25
Regular
pb wrote:
> Don't listen to the non-arcade loving heathens, they only like games
> that you can get to the end of, rather than replay a zillion times.

Hear, hear!
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:23
"possibly impossible"
Firstly, good choice. Secondly, get MSR, Jet Set Radio and...oh, you may as well get Crazy Taxi anyway, you could probably find it for £5 now anyway, and it's well worth getting at that price.

Don't listen to the non-arcade loving heathens, they only like games that you can get to the end of, rather than replay a zillion times.
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:14
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Crazy Taxi and Virtua Tennis are pretty fun and you can pick them up quite cheap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.