GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS to get a re-design"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/11/05 at 17:08
"period drama"
... apparently

Well, Ninty have said so, and it's usually best to trust them.
Good for all, except those who've bought the ugly bast already.

And stuff.
Sun 13/11/05 at 19:21
Regular
N64 fan I don't see your problem.

There are two things that Nintendo can do. Update the DS and increase the sales, won't effect other gamers as you can play all future DS games on all DS systems.

Or not relesae one and keep with the original DS. Which still doesn't affect fans.

You are pretty much saying that these "updated" machines are nothing but a ploy to get more gamers playing the system. And it is. GBA SP caused a boost in GBA sales, as has the Micro. If you have an original GBA then you are happy with it, you can play all GBA games on it and you are content.

It really doesn't matter if Nintendo update the machine or not. If you are not prepared to buy an updated machine you don't have to. If you want to then great, there are a few new features (with the SP we got in built battery, screen protector and backlit screen), but the new system is really to get more gamers interested.

The SP is hardly the most stylish of systems and nether is the DS. SP looks okay but in a world where small, sexy devices sell then Nintendo may want to update the SP into one of them.

The progress of technology means Nintendo can make a mini-GBA so they have. Their very own I-pod or PSP, stylish and attractive to carry around with you.

It is a cheap ploy to get more sales. But if it works then good for Nintendo. It doesn't affect me. I already have a SP.
Sun 13/11/05 at 19:10
Regular
The micro is a multi-media device.

Music, video and games. (With the play-yan, obviously).

The other handhelds are too big to viably be a competetive alternative to mp3 players, but the micro can live in that market.
Sun 13/11/05 at 19:09
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> Micro looks very cool

It looks like a grandads snuff box!
Sun 13/11/05 at 19:08
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> The micro, as I say, is just a little GBA to appeal to more fashion
> concious gamers.

Who the hell is a 'fashion conscious' gamer?

That accolade is reserved for PSP owners surely?
Sun 13/11/05 at 19:07
Regular
N64 Fan wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> What's the point? Fashion accessory and of course a shrink in size.
>
> But small isn't always better!
> In fact I think it looks ridiculous!

The micro is brilliant looking! And the games for the GBA are better than a DS.

If I didn't already have an SP I'd get a micro over a DS anyday.

Micro looks very cool and if I had money to burn I'd get one.
Sun 13/11/05 at 19:06
Regular
N64 Fan wrote:

> Exactly!
>
> Surely everyone is cheesed off with the fact that anything you buy
> these days is obsolete within 6 months of buying it!

It isn't "obsolete" though.

It's not as if Nintendo are replacing the DS and all future DS games don't work on the old DS.

They're just redesigning it to appeal to more people. It's a cheap ploy but Nintendo are hardly forcing DS gamers to get the "updated" machine.

The micro, as I say, is just a little GBA to appeal to more fashion concious gamers.

And it does look cool.
Sun 13/11/05 at 19:06
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> What's the point? Fashion accessory and of course a shrink in size.

But small isn't always better!
In fact I think it looks ridiculous!

Its like mobile phones - how much smaller can you go?
Sun 13/11/05 at 19:04
Regular
The mico is a temporary release. Nintendo aren't billing it as a GBA SP relplacement. it is just gonna run for a bit.

What's the point? Fashion accessory and of course a shrink in size.

It is pretty much a special edition GBA.
Sun 13/11/05 at 19:03
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Twain wrote:
>
> i could say that about the Micro! I can understand the SP, but the SP
> renderred the original GBA pointless. The Micro though ... it's
> another GBA when the DS and the SP are already out. What's the point?

Exactly!

Surely everyone is cheesed off with the fact that anything you buy these days is obsolete within 6 months of buying it!
Sun 13/11/05 at 18:51
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
N64 Fan wrote:
> But why?
> Its only been out a few months!
>
> Whats the point?

i could say that about the Micro! I can understand the SP, but the SP renderred the original GBA pointless. The Micro though ... it's another GBA when the DS and the SP are already out. What's the point?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.