GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommendations?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/11/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Looking for some game recommendations. Going to get my dad a PC game for xmas. He likes war based games like call of duty / battlefield2 / brothers in arms so I was thinking either call of duty2 or the new brothers in arms game.

Just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions or could recommend which of the above is best. Oh and is the battlefield 2 expansion pack going to be any good?
Mon 14/11/05 at 19:13
Regular
"Catch it!"
I might use my Old PC soon to wipe everything off it then use it for computer games.
Mon 14/11/05 at 17:53
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Cheers chippo looks like I'll go for CoD2. Will wait and see what the bf2 expansion pack is like before going for it.
Mon 14/11/05 at 13:09
Regular
"Captain to you."
I've played the new call of duty through it's pretty good, i haven't given Brothers in arms a try but from what i remember of playing the first one through i'd go for COD2.

The battlefield 2 add-on personally don'ts interest me as i think they've gone the wrong way scaling down to men rather than 20 v 20 tank fights. their will probably be a demo a week or 2 before release but add-ons for battlefield games are normally crap IMO.
Sun 13/11/05 at 23:04
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Battlefield 2 ?
I've already got that.

Or did you mean the expansion pack?
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:43
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'd go for Battlefield as well.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:32
Regular
"Catch it!"
Whoops sorry double post.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:32
Regular
"Catch it!"
Brothers in Arms looks great. But I would go for Battlefield.
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Looking for some game recommendations. Going to get my dad a PC game for xmas. He likes war based games like call of duty / battlefield2 / brothers in arms so I was thinking either call of duty2 or the new brothers in arms game.

Just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions or could recommend which of the above is best. Oh and is the battlefield 2 expansion pack going to be any good?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.