GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best storyline ever in any game!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/11/05 at 01:46
Regular
"Darkness Falls"
Hi

Pretty new to Gameaday, but have visited many times before.

I am here to discuss which title I think has the best storyline.

Of course many titles have come and gone in the past, all having great storylines, but only one remains the very best. Only one can remain a storyline that stays in your mind for months after completing the game.

I am not much of a PC gamer. I prefer the consoles; XBOX and PlayStation 2 being my favs.

From the games I have played, I think I can easily say that Metal Gear Solid 3 has the greatest storyline ever told. It really gives me the feeling of being there, like no other game has.

The music score is also the best I have heard in any game, which definitely pulls you into it even further.

So...

What is your favourite game and why have you chosen it?

Thanks for the feedback,

Devil Knight
Tue 15/11/05 at 23:58
Regular
"Catch it!"
Mario ROCKS!
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:37
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
To be honest, my favourite games are those which do have a believable and easy-to-follow storyline, but the levels don't have to particularly follow the storyline. they just have to be fun.

Example; Super Mario World (SNES). Storyline is that Princess toadstool has been kidnapped by Bowser and you have to save her. That's basically it, but the only time you really see what the story is about is right at the very end. All the other levels, jumping over blocks and on the heads of turtles, are basically to elongate the game experience and to make the game fun.

Some games with a storyline are good though, like Perfect Dark and MGS2.
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:29
Regular
"Catch it!"
Wow Fahrenheit great game I'm getting it for christmas.
Tue 15/11/05 at 17:00
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I like all the FF games (mainly IX) but the best storyline is probably in Fahrenheit. It was short but sweet. Followed, natrually of course, by Final Fantasy IX.
Tue 15/11/05 at 13:51
Regular
"You have a choice"
I prefer VIII, but VII had the greatest storyline. No question. Unbeatable.
Tue 15/11/05 at 10:50
Regular
"Darkness Falls"
Smedlos wrote:
> Final Fantasy 7 as per the other thread.

Perhaps the best Final Fantasy there was

Everyone still prefers FF7 to be the best one yet
Tue 15/11/05 at 09:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Final Fantasy 7 as per the other thread.
Tue 15/11/05 at 01:46
Regular
"Darkness Falls"
Hi

Pretty new to Gameaday, but have visited many times before.

I am here to discuss which title I think has the best storyline.

Of course many titles have come and gone in the past, all having great storylines, but only one remains the very best. Only one can remain a storyline that stays in your mind for months after completing the game.

I am not much of a PC gamer. I prefer the consoles; XBOX and PlayStation 2 being my favs.

From the games I have played, I think I can easily say that Metal Gear Solid 3 has the greatest storyline ever told. It really gives me the feeling of being there, like no other game has.

The music score is also the best I have heard in any game, which definitely pulls you into it even further.

So...

What is your favourite game and why have you chosen it?

Thanks for the feedback,

Devil Knight

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.