GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it out yet?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/02 at 11:20
Regular
The official mag and demo disc. Can't wait to try out Crazy Taxi High Roller.
It says it comes out on 6th Sept in the last issue, but I didn't see it in the shops.
Has anyone got it?
Sat 07/09/02 at 11:20
Regular
The official mag and demo disc. Can't wait to try out Crazy Taxi High Roller.
It says it comes out on 6th Sept in the last issue, but I didn't see it in the shops.
Has anyone got it?
Sat 07/09/02 at 11:27
Regular
I have'nt got it just yet, I might wait until next week as i just brought XBM a few days ago...

It should be out now.
Sat 07/09/02 at 11:42
Regular
I'm not going to buy the CT3 demo - just going to wait for the full game.
I don't want to ruin that release day excitement :)
Sat 07/09/02 at 13:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
As far as I know, the new official mag came out yesterday.
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:20
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Yeah, I bought it from good old WHSmith yesterday.
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:10
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> I'm not going to buy the CT3 demo - just going to wait for the full
> game.
> I don't want to ruin that release day excitement :)

Or disappointment. My mates got the demo and says the Night Time Level is small, and the graphics arent any improvment over the DC games. All the reviews i've read have pointed out that it seems like a mere update, that hasnt even used the power of the Xbox, its been getting average marks from even Crazy Taxi fans. I liked the previous 2 on the DC, and was looking forward to this one, but I think i'll save my money.
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:19
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think I'll get Crazy Taxi 3 eventually, but theres a number of other games I want a lot more that will take priority before I consider this one.
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:51
Regular
adrian wrote:
> Or disappointment. My mates got the demo and says the Night Time Level
> is small, and the graphics arent any improvment over the DC games.

There should have been a multi-player in the form of: player 1 drops the first customer(s) off, then player 2 drops the second customer(s) off, etc, etc.
But I don't think I'll be disappointed.
The graphics on the DC were fine - in fact they were excellent, perfect for the type of game - and Crazy Taxi is all about fast and furious arcade gameplay and not graphics anyway.
I'm looking at it as: The Best of Crazy Taxi - a kind of Crazy Taxi 2.5 - that'll do for me.
Minimal pop-up is expected with a game which is so fast set in a cityscape, and the slowdown people are mentioning is usually eliminated if you play it in 50hz - it was on the DC.
Sat 07/09/02 at 19:55
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
you got the mag yet sav and what else is on the disk?
Sat 07/09/02 at 20:33
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I have it and its great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.