GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turok: Job Seeker"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/02 at 09:55
Regular
There's not much call for dinosaur hunters these days, what with dinosaurs being extinct and all, so what would Turok do if he found himself in 21st Century England?

Turok: Postal Worker

Could you picture him in a postman's uniform? Maybe he'd be quite happy sifting through mail in a sorting office, but could he handle making the deliveries? Sure he's fit enough to walk to every house in the area, but can he handle the little dogs snapping at his heels? I can't imagine that people would be too happy finding their beloved pets ripped limb from limb when Turok loses it.

Turok: PC Engineer

Would Turok be happy answering calls on a helpdesk? I don't think there would be quite enough action for him, and he may become frustrated hearing from people that can't open Windows, so he'd have to go into repair. I'm not sure that his employers would smile upon his method of removing PC cases either - shooting them up with a mini-gun.

Turok: Park Warden

At least this job would keep Turok in his preferred outdoor environment. He'd without doubt enjoy patrolling the park, keeping an eye on the ducks in the pond and the like. Then again, enforcing the 'No Ball Games' rule with a rocket launcher would possibly be a little harsh.

Turok: Careers Advisor

Surely a man of such experience would be able to encourage children to find a job that's right for them? Then again, do we want a generation of children growing up believing that they really can be action heroes?

Turok: Florist

Having spent large amounts of time in the jungle Turok would have seen some rather unusual and rare plants. No doubt he would have seen some fantastic natural arrangements too. But would he only be happy if they had splatterings of blood all over them, or the limb of a sleg in there?

Turok: Health Inspector

Maybe checking out restaurants would be more suited to Turok's skill set. He'd love to get a bite to eat in all those restaurants, and if the owner has a pest problem surely he could deal out some of his own brand of justice. Then again, taking out rats with a flame-thrower would quite possible do more harm than good.

Turok: Surgeon

Well he's rather handy with a knife, and knows what it feels like to cut through flesh, but could you trust him not to use spider mines for exploratory surgery?

Turok: Party Organiser

Turok certainly knows a thing or two about wild times, so surely he'd able to organise a wild party? But perhaps shooting out an army of lizard like creatures with a flechette gun is a little too wild for the kind of people than need party organisers.

Turok: Spy

I think Turok would blow his cover as a spy with his shouts of "I AM TUROK!"

Turok: Band Manager

A decent band can go a long way a little faster with a manager that will get you noticed, and who is more noticeable than Turok? He wouldn't take any crap from record labels, promoters and the like. The only question is whether he could resist taking out the likes of S-Club Juniors with a sniper rifle whilst the band record for Top of the Pops.

Turok: Investigative Journalist

Maybe his grasp of the English language would let him down a little, but he'd be great for finding people and getting information out of them, I mean, who wouldn't talk with a plasma cannon aimed at their face?
Sat 07/09/02 at 09:55
Regular
"not dead"
There's not much call for dinosaur hunters these days, what with dinosaurs being extinct and all, so what would Turok do if he found himself in 21st Century England?

Turok: Postal Worker

Could you picture him in a postman's uniform? Maybe he'd be quite happy sifting through mail in a sorting office, but could he handle making the deliveries? Sure he's fit enough to walk to every house in the area, but can he handle the little dogs snapping at his heels? I can't imagine that people would be too happy finding their beloved pets ripped limb from limb when Turok loses it.

Turok: PC Engineer

Would Turok be happy answering calls on a helpdesk? I don't think there would be quite enough action for him, and he may become frustrated hearing from people that can't open Windows, so he'd have to go into repair. I'm not sure that his employers would smile upon his method of removing PC cases either - shooting them up with a mini-gun.

Turok: Park Warden

At least this job would keep Turok in his preferred outdoor environment. He'd without doubt enjoy patrolling the park, keeping an eye on the ducks in the pond and the like. Then again, enforcing the 'No Ball Games' rule with a rocket launcher would possibly be a little harsh.

Turok: Careers Advisor

Surely a man of such experience would be able to encourage children to find a job that's right for them? Then again, do we want a generation of children growing up believing that they really can be action heroes?

Turok: Florist

Having spent large amounts of time in the jungle Turok would have seen some rather unusual and rare plants. No doubt he would have seen some fantastic natural arrangements too. But would he only be happy if they had splatterings of blood all over them, or the limb of a sleg in there?

Turok: Health Inspector

Maybe checking out restaurants would be more suited to Turok's skill set. He'd love to get a bite to eat in all those restaurants, and if the owner has a pest problem surely he could deal out some of his own brand of justice. Then again, taking out rats with a flame-thrower would quite possible do more harm than good.

Turok: Surgeon

Well he's rather handy with a knife, and knows what it feels like to cut through flesh, but could you trust him not to use spider mines for exploratory surgery?

Turok: Party Organiser

Turok certainly knows a thing or two about wild times, so surely he'd able to organise a wild party? But perhaps shooting out an army of lizard like creatures with a flechette gun is a little too wild for the kind of people than need party organisers.

Turok: Spy

Turok: Band Manager

A decent band can go a long way a little faster with a manager that will get you noticed, and who is more noticeable than Turok? He wouldn't take any crap from record labels, promoters and the like. The only question is whether he could resist taking out the likes of S-Club Juniors with a sniper rifle whilst the band record for Top of the Pops.

Turok: Investigative Journalist

Maybe his grasp of the English language would let him down a little, but he'd be great for finding people and getting information out of them, I mean, who wouldn't talk with a plasma cannon aimed at their face?
Sat 07/09/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
"I AM TUROK"
and Meka you are indeed genius. First decent post I have read and replied to since comming back from holiday. As usual it is of the usual standard. :-)
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:50
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
This is a topic that really does deserve a lol.

Nice work Meka but I was thinking how about Turok: England Manager

You can imagine ;)
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:52
Regular
"That's right!"
"Turok: Spy

Ha ha

And he could work with the 5 other people who are also named Turok after the competition

Turok07, Turok06 etc
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:56
Regular
He should be a politician.

And I have no idea which part of me inspired that remark.

Anyway, great post Meka.
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Turok Evolution? There's a new Turok game coming out? It managed to slip my attention, I didn't see any adverts for this game at all.
Sat 07/09/02 at 16:16
Regular
"That's right!"
Would've been a walking, talking advert for the game if I'd won that competition. I would've even changed my name here from MoJoJoJo to Turok!

I am Turok!
Sat 07/09/02 at 18:16
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
Another Turok game??!!!

Well at least Akklaim are persistant.
Sat 07/09/02 at 19:46
Regular
Consistently brilliant, and hope you had a nice time yesterday (I read in another post it was your daughter's birthday)

How about Turok: Devolution, where Acclaim actually concentrate on gameplay and making a classic game, instead of spending all their time on graphics, flogging it to all consoles makers and making useless publicity stunts?
Sat 07/09/02 at 20:42
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
right on. daughter?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.