GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2 Message Board"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/09/02 at 20:29
Regular
Just chat about Timesplitters 2!!!!!!!!
Sun 08/09/02 at 14:13
"For the horde!!!!"
Intoxicated Hippy wrote:
> The best part of the Multi-Player will hopefully be the Co-Operative
> game.

oh yes that would be cool
Sun 08/09/02 at 14:08
The best part of the Multi-Player will hopefully be the Co-Operative game.
Sun 08/09/02 at 13:57
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
i tell u what, that dam level would be awesome on a multiplayer level. Those lifts would add some real tactical play and that area where u can lock the doors with the remote control turret would be good too.
Sun 08/09/02 at 11:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The demo does feel like an early version, as there do seem to be things missing, or not fully completed. Still, even though it is an early preveiw, it's still nice to see that the developers have finally sorted out the single player mode of the game.

Having proper objectives and much better level designs make the game far more fun to play than the single player mode of the origanal timesplitters. I just can't wait to try the multiplayer mode and see how improved the developers have made that.
Sun 08/09/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Ah ! Thanks for that :)

The demo was made in Feb 2002, at a guess the developers played around with it first for obvious bugs, then there was a competiton in OPS2 mag to win a demo earlier in the year,

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 08/09/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
When you destroy the frozen thing down in the diggin site, a load of zombies come after you. Some are on fire, which means they can set you alight. The purpose of the shower room is therefore to extinguish yourself if u are set on fire!

As for the fire extinguisher, I havnt found a use for it. I think u can extinguish yourself if u r on fire by pointing it down towards your feet but i havnt tried it yet.

By the way the demo says "February 2002" on the start up screen, does this mean it was made in Feb?
Sun 08/09/02 at 10:50
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
SR are giving it to me for free :-)
Sun 08/09/02 at 10:43
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I quite like the new more serious storyline, make's it easier to get into than the first game, and the sniper rifle is the best I've seen in a game. I didn't like the original game and haven't really played it much despite having it since launch !

Does anyone know;

1) What you can actually use the fire extinguisher for ? There are no fires, before someone says that, it doesn't hurt enemies, you can't use it on yourself when you are on fire, what use is it ?

2) When you go down to the first level of the second building (The one you go through all the dam to get to) there is a room to the side of the passageway leading up to the lone guard and a camera, when you enter it it's clearly a shower room. Has anyone found any point ot this room ? It contians no secret doors as far as I can tell, no enemies before and after the zombies start coming, and the trickle of water can't put any fire on you out.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 07/09/02 at 21:40
Regular
From what I had heard of it, and I didn't really have an interest in it, before I played the demo I thought it would have a funnier and less serious story and weapons.

But when I played the demo it had proper sniper rifles and explosives to destroy evidence. I don't mind though it's still really good game and I would get it if I had the money!

It is pretty fun blowing the heads of zombies though...

:D
Sat 07/09/02 at 18:36
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
It did get 10/10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.