GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Captain Miyamoto?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/09/02 at 16:01
Regular
I recently purchased the brilliantly bizzare and original little Nintendo strategy game called Pikmin - apparently based on the garden on Miyamoto-san himself. It may have come from Nintendo, but it's nothing like Mario, and it's not in the slightest bit anything like Zelda either!
But this is highly-original... Another new piece of Nintendo's Innovation on show here with the GameCube.

When you think about it carefully and look closely into the games finer details you can see quite clearly how this Shigsy could have taken his garden and turned it into a game with a bit of immagination.

Immagination - the one thing that can drive people towards their goals, and even far-beyond them in some cases.
Miyamoto has had a huge impact on Nintendo in the past, and has helped the former Card Gamers 'hit it off' with the Gamers of today, yesterday and even tommorow. Well... excluding the majority of all SONY and X-Box fans anyway!

Only the mastermind himself can surely be the only one to know what exactly goes-on inside that immaginitive head of his, and I bet that he still has problems deciphering it all at time too!
But what about his dreams? His life goals??
Surely there was a whole world of ideas and plans he had set-out for the future as a kid. Surely a lot more than just making money in the Games Business?

What about going into space??
All kids (mainly in America) seem to dream of one of two things; either going into Space as an Astronaut, or earning Millions in the Major Leagues as a Pro' Baseball or Basketball star.
But what about Miyamoto?
Did he once dream of travelling into space on an Exploration, when later awakening to realise you have crash-landed on an Alien Planet and have no obvious way of getting home.... just like Captain Olimar...

That's the point i'm trying to make here; I believe that Shigeru Miyamoto has decided to metaphorically place himself into one of his very own games so he COULD finally go on a Space Journey and live to tell the tale.

Just step-back and take a look at Captain Olimar for a second...
A small coiffe of hair, chubby face, he's very small for a human-being, and he looks o-so-cute... Sounds just like a kid to me - even if he is a fully-licensed Space Captain or whatever!

So there you have it.....
I may not be a Proffesional Detective or anything, and I may not even be one of those Store Detective's who wander round places like Boots and Woolworths, paying close attention to their suspiscions! But I have seen enough from this game to know that Shigeru Miyamoto has dreams of travelling into outer-Space and exploring the unknown in-search on unknown life, when he already has the job that we would love to have!

Anyone can dream, but your dreams only become reallity if you do something about them. Who knows.... After this turn-of-events, we may see Yu Suzuki making real appearences in SEGA's future releases - and not just having his picture pasted onto a pack of Batteries down the local Shop in Shenmue!
Or is he Ryo Hazuki??? On a vengence after the death of his father and Sensei?? Their surnames are similar enough....
Fri 06/09/02 at 16:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
What about the Radio?? And it's "Shigeru"! :P
Fri 06/09/02 at 16:03
Regular
"Festivus!"
Shiguru was brought up with no TV in his house, so his imagination grew and grew. that is all.
Fri 06/09/02 at 16:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I recently purchased the brilliantly bizzare and original little Nintendo strategy game called Pikmin - apparently based on the garden on Miyamoto-san himself. It may have come from Nintendo, but it's nothing like Mario, and it's not in the slightest bit anything like Zelda either!
But this is highly-original... Another new piece of Nintendo's Innovation on show here with the GameCube.

When you think about it carefully and look closely into the games finer details you can see quite clearly how this Shigsy could have taken his garden and turned it into a game with a bit of immagination.

Immagination - the one thing that can drive people towards their goals, and even far-beyond them in some cases.
Miyamoto has had a huge impact on Nintendo in the past, and has helped the former Card Gamers 'hit it off' with the Gamers of today, yesterday and even tommorow. Well... excluding the majority of all SONY and X-Box fans anyway!

Only the mastermind himself can surely be the only one to know what exactly goes-on inside that immaginitive head of his, and I bet that he still has problems deciphering it all at time too!
But what about his dreams? His life goals??
Surely there was a whole world of ideas and plans he had set-out for the future as a kid. Surely a lot more than just making money in the Games Business?

What about going into space??
All kids (mainly in America) seem to dream of one of two things; either going into Space as an Astronaut, or earning Millions in the Major Leagues as a Pro' Baseball or Basketball star.
But what about Miyamoto?
Did he once dream of travelling into space on an Exploration, when later awakening to realise you have crash-landed on an Alien Planet and have no obvious way of getting home.... just like Captain Olimar...

That's the point i'm trying to make here; I believe that Shigeru Miyamoto has decided to metaphorically place himself into one of his very own games so he COULD finally go on a Space Journey and live to tell the tale.

Just step-back and take a look at Captain Olimar for a second...
A small coiffe of hair, chubby face, he's very small for a human-being, and he looks o-so-cute... Sounds just like a kid to me - even if he is a fully-licensed Space Captain or whatever!

So there you have it.....
I may not be a Proffesional Detective or anything, and I may not even be one of those Store Detective's who wander round places like Boots and Woolworths, paying close attention to their suspiscions! But I have seen enough from this game to know that Shigeru Miyamoto has dreams of travelling into outer-Space and exploring the unknown in-search on unknown life, when he already has the job that we would love to have!

Anyone can dream, but your dreams only become reallity if you do something about them. Who knows.... After this turn-of-events, we may see Yu Suzuki making real appearences in SEGA's future releases - and not just having his picture pasted onto a pack of Batteries down the local Shop in Shenmue!
Or is he Ryo Hazuki??? On a vengence after the death of his father and Sensei?? Their surnames are similar enough....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.