GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should-We-Do-Do-WAP-Do-WAP?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/11/00 at 20:42
Regular
Do you think consoles will ever have WAP. The Gameboy is just a bit bigger than a normal WAP mobile phone, it would be really handy to be able to exchange Pokemon without the need of a link cable because then you could exchange with anyone anywhere.

How about the X-Box. WAP access would be a great feature, as long as they upgrade the WAP that is currently used to access the full internet and not just the text based items that it currently only has access to. Bill? You reading this?
Thu 23/11/00 at 20:42
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Do you think consoles will ever have WAP. The Gameboy is just a bit bigger than a normal WAP mobile phone, it would be really handy to be able to exchange Pokemon without the need of a link cable because then you could exchange with anyone anywhere.

How about the X-Box. WAP access would be a great feature, as long as they upgrade the WAP that is currently used to access the full internet and not just the text based items that it currently only has access to. Bill? You reading this?
Fri 24/11/00 at 13:33
Regular
why settle for wap on anything new, most new machines would have enough power to cope with full internet
Fri 24/11/00 at 14:25
"possibly impossible"
Congrats' FantasyMeister. Wap is certainly a good idea for gameboys, in fact the Japanese are using mobile phones already to play gameboy games 'online'.

However, Wap is still expensive to use over a long period, and boy is it slow! I have a Wap phone from BT (the one's that Special Reserve sell) and it's useful for sports scores, weather and news on the move, but it takes a lot of patience to get anything decent, so I guess Microsoft would be better sticking to a standard internet connection (with a choice of 56k and ISDN lines and subsidised ISP)
Fri 24/11/00 at 16:40
Regular
Look it's not a new idea, they are doing it already!
Mon 11/12/00 at 12:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Excuse me whilst I preen my own feathers here but Motorola and Sega have just done a deal together. Motorola's next gen mobile WAP devices ('phones in other words) will come with a pre-installed Sega game and the ability to download further games from the net. The first game is reported to be 'Borkov', a kind of shoot the blocks game which will also be downloadable from the internet via PC. There we go, WAP consoles.
Mon 11/12/00 at 14:54
"High polygon count"
I recall reading that the Japanese don't use WAP - they have a far, far superior system - can't remember the name of it, though.

It makes our WAP seem prehistoric already.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.