GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What next gen console will you get?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/05/06 at 22:14
"possibly impossible"
Are you planning to get any of the new consoles? Have your eye on an Xbox360, PS3 or Wii?

What are your thoughts on all of them (ooh, risky console wars again here)?

Personally, the headstart the 360 has is good for Microsoft, I think they could probably complete quite well if they had launched at the same time as PS3, due to their price point and launch game lineup, but there are so many Sony fans, and for good reason, that they'd still struggle a bit. Launching first means people get excited about the first Next-gen machine, even if it isn't half as powerful as PS3 (allegedly). The Wii is unknown territory, not sure how it will do but the loyal band of Ninty followers will ensure good sales on day 1, together with the new Nintendo fans who came along with the DS.

But then, does it matter who makes the *most* sales? As long as all of them make a profit and get enough people on board their console they'll be happy. I believe that these 3 new platforms will be the most diverse yet and will therefore be able to cater to a larger demographic than ever before, meaning more customers for all of them.
Tue 06/06/06 at 21:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hmmm so after saying i might not get any this generation it's possible i may end up getting 2 of them :-D

My friend is giving me his 360 console, memory card, wireless controller, 2 Call of Duty 2 faceplates and GRAW in exchange for my DS handheld and Suikoden 1 and 2. That and i will probably end up getting a PS3 eventually (after about 4 price drops)
Sat 03/06/06 at 13:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> 360 + Wii
>
> might get a PS2 before I get either though, will have to see.

Get it and Disgaea damn you!!!!
Sat 03/06/06 at 13:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yup it shall change the way i play those turn based RPG's forever............:-D
Sat 03/06/06 at 06:20
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
>
> At the moment i won't be getting any of the consoles, i'm
> definitely not getting a Wii as the wand controller strikes me
> as making games more trouble to play than they should be.

Nah, it'll let you be able to play turn-based RPGs whilst lying down on the sofa.

It's going to rock. ;)
Sat 03/06/06 at 06:17
Regular
"8==="
360 + Wii

might get a PS2 before I get either though, will have to see.
Wed 31/05/06 at 08:39
"possibly impossible"
I'm not under any mis-aprehension about what the 360 is like, I've been playing on one for a while. So when I get mine I won't be disappointed.

I can use it to stream video to my TV, play classic games like Street Fighter and Gauntlet on Live arcade, as well as some cool new ones and then play the games that I'm enjoying on the 360 already, such as Ridge Racer 6, PGR3 and Kameo.
Tue 30/05/06 at 16:52
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I'd probably sell the 360 if Pro Evo 6 wasn't less than half a year away.

Also, the 360 pad is a thing of beauty... I can't go back to the Controller S. So bad.

But yeah... no real rush for a 360. Wait for HALO or something.
Tue 30/05/06 at 15:16
Regular
""none""
I'm going to get a WII and PS3.
Tue 30/05/06 at 14:38
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I've got a 360, but no games as I sold them. It's not all it was cracked up to be and I'm having second thoughts about ever buying a console again.

Too expensive and too much disappointment when you realise that it's not as good as everyone said it would be.

I would pick the Wii over the PS3 though.
Tue 30/05/06 at 11:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I tried swinging my cat without accented moves and it just wasn't the same. However, I did notice that whenever I swung him close to my head the volume went up, and when I let go and he flew towards the TV the sound travelled with him, just like an arrow from Link's bow.

I thought this was pretty cool and might get a Wii for Christmas just to give my cat a break.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.