GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box Mascot"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/11/00 at 20:20
Regular
Suitable mascots for the X-Box:

Harry Potter (looks like Bill Gates)
Noughts and Crosses Game (Their first release has an X in it)
Shoebox Derby (Their second release has boxes with wheels)

Any more?
Mon 27/11/00 at 14:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
And going by past trends $499 in the USA will equate to around £499 over here on release day, unless Microsoft want to really make friends with us and use the normal conversion factors for currency when planning the release of the X-Box in the UK. That would make a novel entrance into the gaming market that would certainly be appreciated by us gamers. They have the opportunity to do to too, being one of the largest corporations in the USA and not a Japanese outfit fighting against global currency trends.
Mon 27/11/00 at 09:58
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Edgy wrote:
>I think it's much more than the PS2!

Did you think about what you were saying when you wrote this? nothing will be more expensive that the PS2! is this a joke? all the shops around me are selling them for £600! 2games, 1controller, 1DVD film! for £600! that's stupid! why can't the GBA come out? i'm looking forward to that now, probably more than the GCube.
Sun 26/11/00 at 23:42
Actually at the current exchange rate thats about £350. Which isnt too much more expensive. If the pound recovers from its recent fall of late that could be £300
Sat 25/11/00 at 17:00
Regular
I've heard some bad news for X-box fans!

I've heard form an American discussion board (www.3drealms.com) from a member that the X-box is gonna be $499!

That's really exspensive! Even when converted to pounds! I think it's much more than the PS2!
Sat 25/11/00 at 16:50
Perhaps the Mascot could be a Skoda with a Big X on it...
Fri 24/11/00 at 22:22
Lets just hope the X in X-box doesnt stand for X-pensive! back to the discussion, Do you think the X box mascot may be a paperclip or something inspirational like that!!!
Fri 24/11/00 at 19:20
"possibly impossible"
I think the X-box mascot should be a cattle brand. It represents mass marketing, a 'hot product' and er, beef.

Or perhaps a hot cross bun.

Actually, I'm dissapointed that the X-box is not going to be X shaped after all, I'd have loved to sit that in my lounge next to my gamecube and PS2, it would end up looking like a modern art exhibition.
Fri 24/11/00 at 18:38
Regular
How about Bill dressed in a possum suit flying an X-Wing?
Fri 24/11/00 at 18:35
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
How about a possum?? X-box is quuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiitttteeeeee good. Honest.
Fri 24/11/00 at 18:31
Regular
How about an X-Wing fighter? Bill would have to get into bed with George Lucas on that one, but it could happen, you never know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.