GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto 2"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/09/02 at 00:22
Regular
Hello, I've just got a new(ish) PC so I can play my new(ish) games on them. I'm just wondering if anyone here has GTa2 for the PC and what they think of it. I made my own little plug-in if you like for it.

It's one of my favorite PC games, I play it all the time, not always to do jobs, but it's fun for a free ride. I thought it was much better than the one on the PS1. The graphics were twice as sharp with better quality, there was no jerking and it's easier to control with a keyboard.
Sat 14/09/02 at 11:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Or get Mafia for the PC. I haven't got it yet, but all I've been hearing are good things about it.
Sat 14/09/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Max Power"
there is only one improvement and thats the graphics. i dont like gta2 any more because mines on night all the time which is very annoying because i cant see where im going when you get a tank on the first or second level you wont be stoppod unless you mess around but on the third you get tanks shooting at you which i find quite annoying.

well if you have a ps2 get gta3 for it its one of the best game out 4 2002 until vice city of corse.
Fri 06/09/02 at 12:40
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The only real improvement I noticed in the game, was newly intergrated gang system. It worked alright, but not too big an improvement over the origanal.

Besides, GTA3 actually does have some major improvements which, unlike the sequel, provides an almost brand new gaming experience.
Fri 06/09/02 at 10:34
Regular
«©ombatGold1» wrote:
, the burps and
> farts actually sound like burps and farts

Oh what an improvement I'd better run out and buy it. I completed both and can honestly say i prefer the first as it had a much better feel to it. But GTA 3 kicks them all the way back to retroland
Thu 05/09/02 at 23:48
"How are you today?"
There is loads of improvement! The AI is much better, more intelligent mission and level scripts, graphics totally better, the burps and farts actually sound like burps and farts, loads more jobs to do, it can be played online for more than 3 minites, you can make your OWN levels and scripts, better vehicle designs, better vehicle control and I could go on if I thought about it longer.
Thu 05/09/02 at 12:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've played it on the PC and yes, it is a good looking and playing game. No real huge improvement over the origanal though, and I now spend more time devoted to playing GTA3 than I do the other two games. Believe me, If you think GTA2 is good, wait til you try number 3.
Thu 05/09/02 at 00:22
"How are you today?"
Hello, I've just got a new(ish) PC so I can play my new(ish) games on them. I'm just wondering if anyone here has GTa2 for the PC and what they think of it. I made my own little plug-in if you like for it.

It's one of my favorite PC games, I play it all the time, not always to do jobs, but it's fun for a free ride. I thought it was much better than the one on the PS1. The graphics were twice as sharp with better quality, there was no jerking and it's easier to control with a keyboard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.