GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn ebay punks"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/09/02 at 22:01
Regular
Got back from the time at home today.

One of the first things i did was, inevitably, go get my pacrels.

Check the board, only 3 of my 4 seem to be there.

'It's okay' i figure, 'the cd could have been delayed'.

I get a porter, and get to see them. 1 big one, a kind of middle one and a small one. There should have been 2 big ones. From the shape of the big fella, i could see the one most anticipated parcel of my *life* was the absent figure.

Damn.

Since i first laid eyes on it, i've been refusing to let myself believe it was mine until it was in my hands, so as to curb the disappointment if it went a over t.

It went a over t.

And i'm disappointed.

I'd bought it on ebay. There were 2 of them, one from someone with +11 feedback, one new account with no feedback (using buy it now). Cautious, because of the amount of money on the line, i went with the good feedback, the winning bid £20 above the other's buy it now price.
It would probably have been okay, but i really wanted to make sure.

And wouldn't you know it, the reward for my caution is my sitting here, over two weeks since the cheque cleared, with nothing (well, with 3 parcels, but that's not the point :^) ).
I just e-mailed the guy, hoping it's a screw-up, and that he's not screwed me over. Have to wait to see what happens when (coughifcough) i get a reply.

I've bought a few things on ebay, never had any problems. I would make a mental note not to get complacent. But i didn't.

S***

Ah well, it takes the enjoyment from my other parcles too.

They are good though.
Just not as good as the other thing would have been.

Listening to my cee-lo cd, which is a bit of a disappointment really.

My japanese memory 251 is sat in my gamecube, i'll transfer my saves in a bit. The black looks a little out of place with the purple and grey of my cube. Can't be helped. And it blends with my empty controller ports... :^S
While paying the shipping from lik-sang, i thought i'd get a set of those little metal stands that go in the screw funnels and prop the cube up. Looks.. interesting. It's certainly novel. Not sure whether i actually like it yet. But i can keep stuff under there now :^)

My pc case won't be much actual use for a bit, but it's the first step in my latest project, to build my own pc and replace my archaeic compaq.
Looks the nuts, and has 2 front usbs, which will make things a bit easier.

Still, none of my parcels are that great. And the only one that could be may never have even existed at all.

Other events of the day: Travelling 3 hours on the train aggrivated my arm and i went to buy a very nice bag i'd been planning on getting for a while. They'd sold out. And that was in the town between trains, so i can't go back. And i could have got one train imediately after i got in, but opted to wait for the next one, 2 hours later, while i went to buy the bag. 15 minutes to find it wasn't there, and an hour and a half killing time while store assistants looked at my arm (in a sling under my sweater) suspiciously.
The guy in game actually followed me round the store.

And in virgin, i think my lose coat sleeve knocked a cd off a shelf. I was about to go try to pick it up (was carrying 2 bags with my only hand), when some tosher (no offence intended at tosh ;^) ) who wasn't looking where he was going stepped on it. Hearing the crunch, i quickly left the store.
He didn't seem to notice.
A member of staff might have.

All in all, i've not had a great day today.
Sat 14/09/02 at 11:34
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
You could always request his details off Ebay. This way, he gets your address emailed to him, and you get his. If his comes back as different to the one he gave you then email Ebay and they'll kick him off. If the details come back see if theres a phone number and ring it, if there is no phone number try putting the address he gave you into BT search engine to pull the phone number for that address - if it isn't ex directory.

Failing that, create a massively threatening email, mentioning fraud, police and contacting Ebay.

Hope you get something sorted out,

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 14/09/02 at 02:46
Regular
16th august the cheque left my account.

SIXTEENTH OF MUCKING AUGUST

And i'm not about to go into details, but this was one big momma of a cheque. By my standards anyway. Lets just say that ebay's fraud cover stops well short of giving my my money back.
Sat 14/09/02 at 02:27
Regular
Bah. Still don't have it yet.

Last time Belldandy's advice was just a bit too late for me to mention filing for fraud in my e-mail to the guy. However, unless it turns up in tomorrow's post (yeah right), i'll be getting in touch again. Hopefully talk of fraud will get a response. Even if it's the return of my money. I don't care either way any more.

I can't believe i paid extra to make sure the transaction went without me getting screwed over, and i'm probably only in this situation because of it.

Times like this i feel such a tw....
Fri 06/09/02 at 18:32
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Dr Duck wrote:
> No other bidders for mandy then?
> :^)

Hit it right on the nail!

;)
Fri 06/09/02 at 17:36
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
YAY !

my mate might buy it off me , but ive got to get a powerlead for it as it didn't come with anything (not even a jumper pack) it was just the console, but it was pretty good for £7 , and it's in perfect condition.
Fri 06/09/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh- I did a simialr thing once Robbie, except it was at school. Someone sold me OOT (I alreaady had a copy) for £5, then I sold it on for £20! Wooo!
Fri 06/09/02 at 17:28
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i bought a spare n64 on ebay and it came today , i dont know why i bought it because i've already got one , maybe it was because it was only £7 ... i don't really know :(

also , have any of you seen those micro lights > the ones that you can see from over a mile away ? ... Well , they cost my dad 60p (he owns a shop) and the same kind of thing sells for £12.99 + on the internet , so i decide to put a few on , it ended a couple days ago , and i got £7.99 for one ! £7.99 ! And at the time i was thinking the guy wouldn't pay for it , but he did , yesterday using paypal ! WHAT A SALE !
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:37
Regular
"Festivus!"
ebay is evil
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:34
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
What happened to your arm Duck? Must be such a pain in the ar$e, having it in a sling all the time...
Thu 05/09/02 at 20:00
Regular
No other bidders for mandy then?
:^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.