GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Graphics"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/11/00 at 18:46
Regular
The NON PS2 BELEIVERS out there think that the graphics leap on PS2 from PSone is not as much a difference as say the Mega Drive and the original PlayStation. I don't understand why people are comparing the new PlayStation 2's graphics with the latest generation of game graphics for the PSone. They should compare first generation titles on PSone, like Ridge Racer, to Ridge Racer V on PS2. The difference is amazing!
Sun 26/11/00 at 14:52
elitesniper wrote:
> You are a bunch of brainless monkey's!
> The dreamcast has exactly the same kind of graphics as the PS2,
> it's only slightly better, whoever says Nintendo's GAMING machine
> will never sell, it will.

Your a bit of a batty boy arnt you!
The Dreamcast doesn't hace the same kind of graphics as the PS2, obviously you havn't played one yet have you.
The GCwill sell but the PS2 will sell better, just like the PSX and N64. i am still looking foward to the GC and X-box (x-box i will definately get) which when i see more of the GC i will decide if i want it or not.
Sun 26/11/00 at 14:03
Regular
You are a bunch of brainless monkey's!
The dreamcast has exactly the same kind of graphics as the PS2, it's only slightly better, whoever says Nintendo's GAMING machine will never sell, it will.
Sun 26/11/00 at 13:32
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Ok, compare PS2 graphics to Xbox and GC...so what? Microsoft and Nintendo were hardly going to make next gen consoles less powerful than the PS2 were they? When the last generation of consoles were first unvieled, again, the N64 looked better, but over the years it didn't beat the PS, as gamers aren't (usually) shallow enough just to buy on graphics
Sat 25/11/00 at 20:37
i bet anyone that there will b more PS2s sold then GC's. at an estimate of 100 million by the end of next year is incredible, that will be about 1 3rd more then the PSX sold.
Sat 25/11/00 at 20:24
conker2k wrote:
> i have a better idea..y dun u compare the graphics between PS2
> games(try to find the games with stunning graphics) and Gamecube's
> Zelda,Metroid,Rogue Squadron,Wave Race,Too Human,Stunt Driver and
> Luigi's Mansion...if u compare PS2 to PSX,of course PS2 will win
> but try with other next-gen console...

well by that time the x-box will soon be out and it will kick the GCs little crappy @rse to extinction!! and if you want to talk about the future compare the GC to X-box, stupid. anyway lets see if the GC is a flop like the 64. P.s and iot kicks the DCs @ss. hasn't Nintendo learnt that you have to appeal to the older audience as well as the average age you find at the front of a boyzone concert. GC should have had DVD, PS2 actually used a DVD not for just movies but for the MUCH bigger memory then the old CDs but i guess Nintendo wouldn't have know that either as they haven't had CD's b4, hmmmmm i guess there will b arguments in here till the GC and X-box are out. I'll get the X-box but no way the GC. Becaue why would you want to take a step back when you could go foward and still have DVD for the big games!!!!!
Sat 25/11/00 at 17:45
Regular
"Top Gun"
compared to Dreamcast

TTT is way better looking than Soul Caliber

Silent Scope looks better on PS2 than Arcade and Dreamcast Version.
Sat 25/11/00 at 01:32
i have a better idea..y dun u compare the graphics between PS2 games(try to find the games with stunning graphics) and Gamecube's Zelda,Metroid,Rogue Squadron,Wave Race,Too Human,Stunt Driver and Luigi's Mansion...if u compare PS2 to PSX,of course PS2 will win but try with other next-gen console...
Thu 23/11/00 at 22:30
Regular
"Top Gun"
Its True, Its True

in the X-mas POWER mag it has pics of Tekken 1 - TTT and the leap is amazing.
Thu 23/11/00 at 19:12
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Yes, here here!

If you look at the FIRST ever tekken for the PSx then look at TTT for the PS2 you will really notice the difference. Once the Playstation2 is 5 years old, then you can compare it to todays games for the PSX.
Thu 23/11/00 at 18:46
The NON PS2 BELEIVERS out there think that the graphics leap on PS2 from PSone is not as much a difference as say the Mega Drive and the original PlayStation. I don't understand why people are comparing the new PlayStation 2's graphics with the latest generation of game graphics for the PSone. They should compare first generation titles on PSone, like Ridge Racer, to Ridge Racer V on PS2. The difference is amazing!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.