GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Show Memories"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/11/00 at 16:49
Regular
Anyone ever been to those videogame expos before ? I went to all the Gamesmaster ones and Future Entertainment ones :-) Also went to ECTS 1 year which is supposed to be trade only.
While walking round work and wishing i was still in bed, a couple of shows actually came back into my mind and it was quite funny to look back on :-)

Remember when Streetfighter 2 was out on Super Nintendo ? (the first edition of it). Well back then i was pretty damn wonderful at that game ;-p And i used to love going to these shows to go against people.
I remember i spent ages beating person after person at this one show with my cousin watching me. Later in the day i'm fighting away, totally oblivious to this Streetfighter 2 tournament going on behind me !!! Of course i felt gutted cause by the time i noticed, it was too late to join in and i could only watch as these 2 finalists of a complete pants calibur button bashed their way to a winner :-(

The winner ended up winning quite a lot of stuff ! I remember some of it - megadrive and Mega CD, a bunch of games, vouchers for a video games shop and a computer. I think the comp was like an Amiga 1200 or something ;-))
Anyway, i remember me being like "Noooooooooo !!!!!!!!" while dropping on my knees with my Dad, uncle and cousin laughing their er, rectal regions off !

The second show that sticks out in my mind is ECTS - can't remember the exact year, but it was when Tekken 2 and F1 on the PS were on their way out, so it must have been around march '97.
Basically, I helped out someone quite a lot in a small shop they opened in my local high street along with another guy named Rob. It was good cause we got to play all the new games and stuff ;-))
Anyway, the guy running the shop - John, had to give it up cause he wasn't making enough. But a few months later he got tickets for the ECTS show :-)

We got there and i remember us sitting in the car thinking of a company name to get in with. With John being a little tubby, we decided on FB Games (Fat B Games - i'll leave the 'B' word to your imaginations). It was so funny walking round like total fakes. All these people around us like "yes, i've been to this show in Japan" and stuff. Like paupers among company kings ;-))

I remember i was waiting to play on Tekken 2 for ages and this guy pushed in front of me and took over the controller. I carried on waiting and watching and this guy lost against the computer.
He suddenly hit the controller and i thought he was all annoyed at losing, he then seemed to throw himself on the floor and throw a mental and i thought to myself "god, i thought i was bad when i lose !" The guy was actually having an epileptic fit. Now, i'm normally a nice person and help people and stuff but after waiting for so long and having that git push in front of me (plus with lots of other people there to do what they should besides me) i, er....... kinda stepped over him and played Tekken 2.

Ok i feel really bad now, i'm not usually like that though ! :-)
Sat 25/11/00 at 11:15
Regular
I went to the Nintendo Pokémon Championship tour 2000!
Fri 24/11/00 at 23:57
I had the same Thing with a Starfox competition on the SNES, there was a competition at woolworths whoever could get the highest score, first try would win a SNES. Of Course I went in the Day after the Competition..And I beat The highest Score, gutting that SNES could have been mine. But I guess you win some, and then you lose some???
Thats Life
Fri 24/11/00 at 21:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I really do feel bad though ! :-)
Thu 23/11/00 at 16:55
>i, er....... kinda stepped over him and played Tekken 2.
>Ok i feel really bad now, i'm not usually like that though ! :-)

Woooo hoo hoo! Now THAT is comedy!

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be nasty or offensive to people who suffer fits - I know they're dangerous and not funny.

But that REALLY appeals to my (twisted) sense of humour. You couldn't write better comedy than that, IMHO. I just get this picture in my head, and it's hilarious.
Thu 23/11/00 at 16:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Anyone ever been to those videogame expos before ? I went to all the Gamesmaster ones and Future Entertainment ones :-) Also went to ECTS 1 year which is supposed to be trade only.
While walking round work and wishing i was still in bed, a couple of shows actually came back into my mind and it was quite funny to look back on :-)

Remember when Streetfighter 2 was out on Super Nintendo ? (the first edition of it). Well back then i was pretty damn wonderful at that game ;-p And i used to love going to these shows to go against people.
I remember i spent ages beating person after person at this one show with my cousin watching me. Later in the day i'm fighting away, totally oblivious to this Streetfighter 2 tournament going on behind me !!! Of course i felt gutted cause by the time i noticed, it was too late to join in and i could only watch as these 2 finalists of a complete pants calibur button bashed their way to a winner :-(

The winner ended up winning quite a lot of stuff ! I remember some of it - megadrive and Mega CD, a bunch of games, vouchers for a video games shop and a computer. I think the comp was like an Amiga 1200 or something ;-))
Anyway, i remember me being like "Noooooooooo !!!!!!!!" while dropping on my knees with my Dad, uncle and cousin laughing their er, rectal regions off !

The second show that sticks out in my mind is ECTS - can't remember the exact year, but it was when Tekken 2 and F1 on the PS were on their way out, so it must have been around march '97.
Basically, I helped out someone quite a lot in a small shop they opened in my local high street along with another guy named Rob. It was good cause we got to play all the new games and stuff ;-))
Anyway, the guy running the shop - John, had to give it up cause he wasn't making enough. But a few months later he got tickets for the ECTS show :-)

We got there and i remember us sitting in the car thinking of a company name to get in with. With John being a little tubby, we decided on FB Games (Fat B Games - i'll leave the 'B' word to your imaginations). It was so funny walking round like total fakes. All these people around us like "yes, i've been to this show in Japan" and stuff. Like paupers among company kings ;-))

I remember i was waiting to play on Tekken 2 for ages and this guy pushed in front of me and took over the controller. I carried on waiting and watching and this guy lost against the computer.
He suddenly hit the controller and i thought he was all annoyed at losing, he then seemed to throw himself on the floor and throw a mental and i thought to myself "god, i thought i was bad when i lose !" The guy was actually having an epileptic fit. Now, i'm normally a nice person and help people and stuff but after waiting for so long and having that git push in front of me (plus with lots of other people there to do what they should besides me) i, er....... kinda stepped over him and played Tekken 2.

Ok i feel really bad now, i'm not usually like that though ! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.