GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Everything Rocks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/09/02 at 15:31
Regular
Life rules.

It really, really does.

Once you get out and away from all the teenage angst crap, all the pathetic self-deprecation, and accept that you are so much better than you give yourself credit for? Then you are out of the woods and ready to live one of those happy life things.

I say woods as a figure of speech, but if you want to get really Grix Thraves about it and use it as an extended metaphor, it still makes sense. Adolescence is like stumbling into a wood and trying to find your way out into the sunlight - yes, you stumble into trees (problems, in non-poncey language), and yes it does seem like you're achieving nothing, and yes indeed, you do doubt that the way you're going is the right one…but keep going, and you get out in the end.

Wait, come back. Just because I went poncey doesn't mean you're going to be subjected to a like-Grix-but-with-much-less-to-say post. I'm not even going to go on about shining roads, for Gods sake.

Like I was saying, life rules. If anyone that hates themselves is reading this (if anyone at all is reading this), I'm just going to tell you to have faith. Things do get better, and you are much better than you think you are. Stop trying to be perfect because, after all, perfection doesn't exist. Don't worry about being pure…don't worry if your mind is a bunch of conflicting morals and ideas wrapping themselves into a web around each other. It really doesn't matter - people are naturally black hearted, and why should you be different?

You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are no more important than everyone else, and, what's more, you don't really want to be. Yeah, you are probably better than a lot of people…but don't be deluded into thinking that it's up to you to save the world, because it isn't. You don't matter to anyone but yourself. Really, who cares if you dismiss music because it was played on the radio, and who cares if you like a movie simply because it is low budget? No-one but you.

You don't need to stick by a philosophy. Let me repeat - YOU DO NOT MATTER. And that is good, great even. It is not up to you to make any important decisions. Chill out, man. You rule, you rock, and you do not matter. You do not need to be pure.

I had one of the best days of my life thus far yesterday, and it was because I have recently realized that I rock. My life is great, and there's no way I'm going to let a bunch of stupid hormones get in the way of that.
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:31
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Life rules.

It really, really does.

Once you get out and away from all the teenage angst crap, all the pathetic self-deprecation, and accept that you are so much better than you give yourself credit for? Then you are out of the woods and ready to live one of those happy life things.

I say woods as a figure of speech, but if you want to get really Grix Thraves about it and use it as an extended metaphor, it still makes sense. Adolescence is like stumbling into a wood and trying to find your way out into the sunlight - yes, you stumble into trees (problems, in non-poncey language), and yes it does seem like you're achieving nothing, and yes indeed, you do doubt that the way you're going is the right one…but keep going, and you get out in the end.

Wait, come back. Just because I went poncey doesn't mean you're going to be subjected to a like-Grix-but-with-much-less-to-say post. I'm not even going to go on about shining roads, for Gods sake.

Like I was saying, life rules. If anyone that hates themselves is reading this (if anyone at all is reading this), I'm just going to tell you to have faith. Things do get better, and you are much better than you think you are. Stop trying to be perfect because, after all, perfection doesn't exist. Don't worry about being pure…don't worry if your mind is a bunch of conflicting morals and ideas wrapping themselves into a web around each other. It really doesn't matter - people are naturally black hearted, and why should you be different?

You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are no more important than everyone else, and, what's more, you don't really want to be. Yeah, you are probably better than a lot of people…but don't be deluded into thinking that it's up to you to save the world, because it isn't. You don't matter to anyone but yourself. Really, who cares if you dismiss music because it was played on the radio, and who cares if you like a movie simply because it is low budget? No-one but you.

You don't need to stick by a philosophy. Let me repeat - YOU DO NOT MATTER. And that is good, great even. It is not up to you to make any important decisions. Chill out, man. You rule, you rock, and you do not matter. You do not need to be pure.

I had one of the best days of my life thus far yesterday, and it was because I have recently realized that I rock. My life is great, and there's no way I'm going to let a bunch of stupid hormones get in the way of that.
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:33
Regular
"Festivus!"
i agree, Life Rules...

But only because of Miyamoto.
Tue 03/09/02 at 15:45
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"

*jumps off bridge*

...*splish*....

Tue 03/09/02 at 16:00
Regular
10 per cent of time, life does rule. But in the other 90 per cent it pokes you in the eye.
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:03
"Uzi Lover"
Tribute wrote:
> i agree, Life Rules...
>
> But only because of Miyamoto.

Oh god...
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:11
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I like that phrase, 'get really Grix Thraves about it.' I'm using that more often.

How are you feeling today?
"I'm feeling all Grix. I'm having a bit of a Grix today."
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Life doesn't rule today

It might tomorrow though

You never though
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
" know " even

Damn head
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:33
Regular
Life does, indeed rock.

I'm thoroughly enjoying mine at the moment.
Tue 03/09/02 at 16:37
"Darkness, always"
surely it's all down to individual experience?

personally, I say life is barely worth living. For me it's not at all worth living. I live on through sheer morbid curiosity to see how much worse it can possibly get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.