GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5.1 Headphones FTW"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/11/05 at 01:38
Regular
"Captain to you."
They ro>
DODS was built for 5.1 sound no doubt, all the distance with sound that i've been having is because it seems completly set up for 5.1 even if you switch it to another setting.

When grenades go off near you, not only do you get the muffiled(sp?) sound from all directions but as it clears and the dust is settling you hear the dirt showering around you, it's fantastic.

i've had to buy these 5.1 headphones due to my room not having a good place for my 5.1 speakers so they've gone into storage till i move, plus it means i have have it quite loud at night without disterbing to many people.

£17 off Ebay including p&p what a fecking deal.
Thu 17/11/05 at 15:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Nice, I'm thinking about upgrading my sound set up soon with Headphones being at the top of the list. Can't say I've every played a game with headphones before, though that's due in part to my awful selection of headphones in the past.
Thu 17/11/05 at 13:23
Regular
"Captain to you."
Nope i couldn't find a nice cheap 5.1 set with a mic, it seem to be a lot more to have a mic on them.

Plus if i got a mic on them, i'd then be inclined to yell at people i'm playing with, negating the headphones stopping me from disterbing peoples.
Thu 17/11/05 at 09:05
Regular
I'm moving my PC downstairs soon, meaning I'll be using headphones more often.

These sound like just the trick. Do they have a mic too?
Thu 17/11/05 at 08:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Proof that stereo sound can't replicate true(ish) surround sound.

I haven't got a 5:1 card, so it's not worth it. Sounds good though.
Thu 17/11/05 at 01:38
Regular
"Captain to you."
They ro>
DODS was built for 5.1 sound no doubt, all the distance with sound that i've been having is because it seems completly set up for 5.1 even if you switch it to another setting.

When grenades go off near you, not only do you get the muffiled(sp?) sound from all directions but as it clears and the dust is settling you hear the dirt showering around you, it's fantastic.

i've had to buy these 5.1 headphones due to my room not having a good place for my 5.1 speakers so they've gone into storage till i move, plus it means i have have it quite loud at night without disterbing to many people.

£17 off Ebay including p&p what a fecking deal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.