GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Home Entertainment Systems"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/11/00 at 14:59
Regular
With the release of Playstation 2 just around the corner and Nintendo's Gamecube and the X-Box due to arrive next year I thought I would just comment on the fact that consoles seem to be taking over the basic functions of household electronics. These new consoles will have features such as DVD players and a high quality CD player and as a result household sound systems will be used less. As technology advances at an incredibly fast rate it will only be a matter of time before recordable DVD are available and then the Video player will become less useful consoles of the future will become less console like and will become full Home Entertainment systems with not only games and DVD but perhaps other features such as radio,video or full Internet capabilities built in as standard.
Thu 23/11/00 at 14:59
Regular
With the release of Playstation 2 just around the corner and Nintendo's Gamecube and the X-Box due to arrive next year I thought I would just comment on the fact that consoles seem to be taking over the basic functions of household electronics. These new consoles will have features such as DVD players and a high quality CD player and as a result household sound systems will be used less. As technology advances at an incredibly fast rate it will only be a matter of time before recordable DVD are available and then the Video player will become less useful consoles of the future will become less console like and will become full Home Entertainment systems with not only games and DVD but perhaps other features such as radio,video or full Internet capabilities built in as standard.
Thu 23/11/00 at 15:33
"possibly impossible"
Consoles taking over the basic functions of household appliances, eh?! That could be very interesting if it went a bit further than just the entertainment end of the scale:

Sony HooverStation? Clean while you play.
Sega MircowaveCast? Cook, Eat and Play.
Nintendo ToiletCube? er...

You see what I mean!

Paul Byron
FI Pricing
Thu 23/11/00 at 16:16
Regular
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the original people here called Ashley? You wrote loads of things on the N64.
Thu 23/11/00 at 18:49
Regular
Yes I am the ORIGINAL Ashley.
Thu 23/11/00 at 18:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
where did you go? did you get what you wanted for your GCSEs?
Thu 23/11/00 at 18:58
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
sorry, swayed from the topic, it would be good if you could have a TV and speakers attached to the console, maybe a radio aswell, and while i'm talking about what you could have, maybe SKY tv, or something simular would be cool. i'm being serious, DVD is cool but they can do more, maybe this is the way our children will have it.
Thu 23/11/00 at 19:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hey, you're the guy who had a go at me for being a PSX owner a while ago, along with Tigerblade, Fogmaster and someone else!!!!
AY ANT COLONY WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
{:) "ONCE YOU POP, YOU CAN'T STOP!!" CLASSIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 23/11/00 at 19:02
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
tigerblade?! first time you have ever written his name right! and I thought WE were over this along time ago Ant! still clinging on to the past, go to the retro forum.
Thu 23/11/00 at 19:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
Look at the smily face at the bottom of the previous message Foggie {:)
Oh yeah...MONKEYBLADE!!!
Thu 23/11/00 at 19:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Thats weird i was going to post a topic like that earlier.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.